Author Topic: 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid  (Read 13988 times)

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Re: 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2020, 05:16:16 pm »
Unless it's a photoshop I can't believe someone actually spent time and energy on this monstrosity  :-X
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2020, 05:17:36 pm »
Unless it's a photoshop I can't believe someone actually spent time and energy on this monstrosity  :-X

It's real.  JDM company.

They also make a Ferrari-esque bumper for the Prius!   :o

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 05:19:49 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2020, 05:41:16 pm »

It's real.  JDM company.

imho, It Looks as a mutant. Or after being tailgated at a red light, they bolted on whatever they found at the scrap yard !  :thumbdown:
Gone but not forgotten in chronological order: 2019 Volt, 2013 Volt, 2014 Spark EV, 2012 Volt and many others before...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2020, 05:46:34 pm »
Well yea...the Urus looks like a mutant!   :rofl: :rofl2:

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2020, 06:02:55 pm »

It's real.  JDM company.

imho, It Looks as a mutant. Or after being tailgated at a red light, they bolted on whatever they found at the scrap yard !  :thumbdown:

So what do they call it now, Lambota Ravurus?  :P

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2020, 06:05:52 pm »
Okay so update time.  In mid May I emailed the sales guy to get an update on the Rav4 Hybrid that we ordered back in March.  When we ordered it they said it would take 2-3 months before it gets here.  So mid May they told us we are still right on time for it getting here in July, which was our plan.

So this week decided to again get an update from them.  The sales guy is rather deal as he doesn't get back to you for days.  Well this afternoon he calls and tells me it doesn't look like the Rav4 we ordered will be here for our original timeline.  But they just got an order of hybrid Ravs and we could get the same model but in black (we had ordered the gray).  So I told the guy I'd talk to my wife as it's her vehicle.

Called my wife and she is pissed.  She doesn't understand why her vehicle isn't here?  Doesn't understand why they don't have a firm timeline on her vehicle?  Is thinking they didn't order her vehicle back in March.  Thinks that maybe they ordered the wrong color.  Just completely pissed off at the situation.

She doesn't want black and she doesn't want to wait until fall to get her new vehicle.  The worst part is her heart is set on this vehicle and no other SUV excited her.

I'm trying to kill my sales guy with kindness but he's lucky he isn't dealing with my wife.  How we are waiting for a firm timeline on when they can get her vehicle.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2020, 06:28:07 pm »
Wasn't the plant that makes these closed for at least a month? That has to screw up inventory and allocation times.  If they aren't building cars, how can they deliver one?

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2020, 06:31:02 pm »
Okay so update time.  In mid May I emailed the sales guy to get an update on the Rav4 Hybrid that we ordered back in March.  When we ordered it they said it would take 2-3 months before it gets here.  So mid May they told us we are still right on time for it getting here in July, which was our plan.

So this week decided to again get an update from them.  The sales guy is rather deal as he doesn't get back to you for days.  Well this afternoon he calls and tells me it doesn't look like the Rav4 we ordered will be here for our original timeline.  But they just got an order of hybrid Ravs and we could get the same model but in black (we had ordered the gray).  So I told the guy I'd talk to my wife as it's her vehicle.

Called my wife and she is pissed.  She doesn't understand why her vehicle isn't here?  Doesn't understand why they don't have a firm timeline on her vehicle?  Is thinking they didn't order her vehicle back in March.  Thinks that maybe they ordered the wrong color.  Just completely pissed off at the situation.

She doesn't want black and she doesn't want to wait until fall to get her new vehicle.  The worst part is her heart is set on this vehicle and no other SUV excited her.

I'm trying to kill my sales guy with kindness but he's lucky he isn't dealing with my wife.  How we are waiting for a firm timeline on when they can get her vehicle.
Boy....your wife sure sounds like a handful. Black vs gray triggered her like that eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2020, 06:35:26 pm »
Wasn't the plant that makes these closed for at least a month? That has to screw up inventory and allocation times.  If they aren't building cars, how can they deliver one?

This combined with the fact they are in high demand means take what you can get or wait for a while longer.  Different world these days.  My sister and bil are still waiting for their new highlander hybrid and they are best friends, and neighbors with the dealer owner. 

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2020, 07:16:48 pm »

This combined with the fact they are in high demand means take what you can get or wait for a while longer.  Different world these days.  My sister and bil are still waiting for their new highlander hybrid and they are best friends, and neighbors with the dealer owner.

In 2012, the dealer told me 3 to 6 months to order the Volt (#1) from factory, the dealer follow up resumed to be "your car is in" after 3 months.
Production slot allocation still a mystery to me in the automobile industry, not sure if is the same every manufacturer...

Back to 2019, pandemic covid sh!t put upside down / disturbed so many industry & manufacturing facilities, especially when components come from all over the world, it still stunning to be working, mostly.

So, you are in a " Take it or Leave it " position right now ?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 07:19:28 pm by me_2 »

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2020, 07:34:32 pm »

Boy....your wife sure sounds like a handful. Black vs gray triggered her like that eh?

To be fair, if you're buying a new $50k. vehicle, paying full price, and ordering it from the factory (and waiting months), you should get the vehicle exactly as specified.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2020, 09:25:06 pm »
Listen, I think my wife is more upset with the uncertainty.  If they said " the plant was shut down for three weeks" and this has delayed your vehicle that would be okay.  But they seem to be stringing us along, never giving us a firm timeline. 

Plus it doesn't help that the VW dealer bent over backwards to get me my vehicle.  She doesn't understand why the same level of service isn't there with Toyota.

She has her heart set on this vehicle and it just doesn't seem to be working out.  Not much that I can do on my end.  Hell I liked the Honda CR-V better myself but it's not my vehicle.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2020, 09:49:01 pm »
Listen, I think my wife is more upset with the uncertainty.  If they said " the plant was shut down for three weeks" and this has delayed your vehicle that would be okay.  But they seem to be stringing us along, never giving us a firm timeline. 

Plus it doesn't help that the VW dealer bent over backwards to get me my vehicle.  She doesn't understand why the same level of service isn't there with Toyota.

She has her heart set on this vehicle and it just doesn't seem to be working out.  Not much that I can do on my end.  Hell I liked the Honda CR-V better myself but it's not my vehicle.

Maybe there isn't a firm timeline yet? Yes I know, if that was the case they should just say that but you already know they won't as they are afraid of losing the deal.

Your job now is to be the Clarica advisor and bridge the gap between the salesperson's garble and your wife's expectation. Just tell her why they don't know because of Covid, plant closures, unknown parts delayed, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr7yKVxxC14

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2020, 09:53:02 pm »

Maybe there isn't a firm timeline yet? Yes I know, if that was the case they should just say that but you already know they won't as they are afraid of losing the deal.

Your job now is to be the Clarica advisor and bridge the gap between the salesperson's garble and your wife's expectation. Just tell her why they don't know because of Covid, plant closures, unknown parts delayed, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr7yKVxxC14
I agree, but shouldn't the dealer just own up for the lack of a firm timeline and have excuses for them.  I can tell my wife all this but she would like an open and honest dialogue with the dealer and not strung along with the fear of losing a deal.

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2020, 09:53:26 pm »
I mean this sounds par for the course for Fredericton Toyota  ;D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2020, 01:11:51 am »

It sounds to me she's pissed about some shithead not delivering what he promised her.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2020, 07:06:57 am »
I agree, but shouldn't the dealer just own up for the lack of a firm timeline and have excuses for them.  I can tell my wife all this but she would like an open and honest dialogue with the dealer and not strung along with the fear of losing a deal.

Of course they dealer should be upfront and honest but don't tell me that you are shocked by this. There are posts after posts all through this board about dealers not living up to promises and/or making :censor: up. If happens every single day and guess what, not just in the car industry.

It is up to you to decide what you want to do about it.

1) Walk if it bugs you that much.
2) Accept that you know more and keep waiting.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2020, 08:05:51 am »
Yeah it's is kind of hard to manage her expectations because she is used to the level of service from VW and they do a much better job at communicating.

I'm starting to think this Toyota dealer isn't the best to deal with. 

I wish my wife would be open to other options but it looks like the Rav4 is the only choice she is interested in.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2020, 08:12:03 am »
Yeah it's is kind of hard to manage her expectations because she is used to the level of service from VW and they do a much better job at communicating.

I'm starting to think this Toyota dealer isn't the best to deal with. 

I wish my wife would be open to other options but it looks like the Rav4 is the only choice she is interested in.

Maybe you should talk with the sales manger
 the sales guy you are dealing with is going though personal issues at home and is having a bad week ?

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +256/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2020, 09:21:35 am »
I mean this sounds par for the course for Fredericton Toyota  ;D

Yeah, I've heard plenty of stories about that dealer.  ::)