Author Topic: Porsche buying thread  (Read 233488 times)

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
Re: Porsche buying thread
« Reply #340 on: August 28, 2020, 04:41:10 pm »
My latest "if I was buying new, somewhat reasonable, save for a few more years, 911" :

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM5JQHW1

Looks like an expensive rental IMO

Please elaborate.
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #341 on: August 28, 2020, 04:55:44 pm »
Just don’t dig a plain white on black if it can be avoided.

Ah, I get it, makes sense. But look closer. Its not white, its chalk, with full black leather interior with chalk deviating stitching. Chalk in real life if pretty nice, subtle, under the radar, and just a little bespoke.

That configurator is addictive on a Friday afternoon...

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 28, 2020, 05:13:51 pm »
“Chalk”

Listen to yourself, man!

:P

I know, I know...but it truly is unique when you see it...kind of grey, white...

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 28, 2020, 05:18:06 pm »
I know.

Just busting your balls. I love you, man.

I know...all this work from home has me very horny for a Porsche to go out and drive...but so hard to justify!

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #344 on: August 28, 2020, 05:56:16 pm »
I know.

I know...all this work from home has me very horny for a Porsche to go out and drive...but so hard to justify!

Buy Gurgie's 944 Turbo and go out and drive.   
You have more than enough money and it's an appreciating asset, good as money in the Porsche buying bank account.
Mr Pickypants

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #345 on: August 28, 2020, 06:19:17 pm »
My latest "if I was buying new, somewhat reasonable, save for a few more years, 911" :

No sport exhaust?

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 28, 2020, 06:43:45 pm »

No sport exhaust?

Nope :)

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #347 on: August 28, 2020, 06:51:53 pm »
I know.

You have more than enough money and it's an appreciating asset, good as money in the Porsche buying bank account.
I think this is an excellent idea, lol!!

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 28, 2020, 06:52:14 pm »
I know.

I hear you...I’m just currently not that interested in the 944s ...though I admit Gurgie’s ride is pretty sweet

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 28, 2020, 07:01:21 pm »
I know.

I hear you...I’m just currently not that interested in the 944s ...though I admit Gurgie’s ride is pretty sweet
It will give you an analog perspective of how things used to be, lol!!

I spent the afternoon taking pictures of it & getting it ready to go on Cars & Bids.

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 28, 2020, 07:07:21 pm »
I know.

It will give you an analog perspective of how things used to be, lol!!

I spent the afternoon taking pictures of it & getting it ready to go on Cars & Bids.

Nice, post a link when it’s up

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7211
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 28, 2020, 07:18:20 pm »
I've been looking at the most irrational Porsche purchase for the last several days. Spoke to the seller twice. Told him to take high res pictures and send them along. Am glad he hadn't sent them yet...cause if they look good, I don't know if I can resist!

Reached out to Vmango yesterday with the details and told him "Talk me out of this and save me from myself". He was absolutely no help and said rather incredulously "You think I'm going to talk you out of that? "

IQ is the same "Buy it! " Me: But I thought we need a family vehicle?  Her: Who cares!  YOLO! "

It's like I have a drug addiction and all the people in my life are pusher/dealers! LOL
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 07:19:55 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 28, 2020, 08:01:36 pm »
There is a rumour of a guy at the work, who is welcome by his first name by few clerks at the vehicle registration office (SAAQ)  ;)

Let the other take the depreciation hit deep enough !!  8)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 08:04:07 pm by me_2 »
Gone but not forgotten in chronological order: 2019 Volt, 2013 Volt, 2014 Spark EV, 2012 Volt and many others before...

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 28, 2020, 08:36:50 pm »
I've been looking at the most irrational Porsche purchase for the last several days. Spoke to the seller twice. Told him to take high res pictures and send them along. Am glad he hadn't sent them yet...cause if they look good, I don't know if I can resist!

Reached out to Vmango yesterday with the details and told him "Talk me out of this and save me from myself". He was absolutely no help and said rather incredulously "You think I'm going to talk you out of that? "

IQ is the same "Buy it! " Me: But I thought we need a family vehicle?  Her: Who cares!  YOLO! "

It's like I have a drug addiction and all the people in my life are pusher/dealers! LOL

Come on, give a clue on the car

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 28, 2020, 08:41:53 pm »

Yeah!!?? What makes Vman more special than us? LOL!!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 28, 2020, 08:46:38 pm »

Yeah!!?? What makes Vman more special than us? LOL!!

Well I didn't know if I texted you that you'd be out of town like last time! LOL

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #356 on: August 28, 2020, 08:50:37 pm »
You have my blessings as well Ron for this most irrational Porsche purchase. ;D
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 28, 2020, 08:52:29 pm »
You have my blessings as well Ron for this most irrational Porsche purchase. ;D
Railton
That's probably more rational, since it's unlikely to break and bankrupt me! :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 28, 2020, 09:27:54 pm »

PM sent!

Offline Shorlaw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +17/-85
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Corvette GS, 2013XKR, 2018 Macan S
« Reply #359 on: August 29, 2020, 10:52:14 am »

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM5JQHW1

No matter how much time I've spent on that configurator and how many builds I've done, I'm always shocked at the final price versus where you started!  I've never been a huge 911 fan, I just don't love the looks enough to justify the cost, although I've never had the chance to drive one and I'm sure I'd love it.  Since getting the Macan though I've really come around to understanding the Porsche costs, both in the drive and just how impressive the entire thing is put together.  Everything you see, touch and the driving feel is just above anything else I've driven.  One of the most notable things about it is how it's like an absolute vault inside, but I keep going back and forth as to whether it's a pro or a con.  It makes for a very relaxing drive, but I can't even hear that amazing exhaust that's so loud outside of it, even under hard acceleration.  It keeps making me wonder if a 911 is like that as well?  I can understand the benefits of it in an SUV, but I sure wouldn't want that in sports car!