Author Topic: Porsche buying thread  (Read 232822 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
Re: Porsche buying thread
« Reply #1380 on: June 07, 2022, 03:37:36 pm »
You could also get a Panamera with a manual...just not on this side of the ocean.

That manual Cayenne I posted was one of only 33 made that year (IIRC).
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +111/-460
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #1381 on: June 07, 2022, 04:45:25 pm »
You could also get a Panamera with a manual...just not on this side of the ocean.

A manual Panamera you say….hmmmm, that would certainly be desirable if it came with a V8.  I wonder how hard it would be to import.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 07, 2022, 04:48:50 pm »

A manual Panamera you say….hmmmm, that would certainly be desirable if it came with a V8.  I wonder how hard it would be to import.
Yep...they came with the V8 and stick overseas.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-403
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #1386 on: June 08, 2022, 09:17:20 am »
96 were built with the V8 and 50 with the V6.

https://flatsixes.com/cars/porsche-panamera/this-is-your-chance-to-buy-an-extremely-rare-manual-transmission-porsche-panamera/
If you could get that for say $50K shipped over to the US.  Then list it on BAT, I bet you'd get more than what you paid for it.  Incredibly cool.

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #1387 on: June 08, 2022, 09:57:02 am »
To my surprise I got a letter from Porsche Canada. My deposit is with Pfaff. Basically acknowledging the unprecedented delays but also acknowledging the potential customer, which is actually kind of nice.
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #1388 on: June 08, 2022, 10:06:47 am »
That's nice of them. From what I understand the Germans were sourcing a lot of their wire harnesses out of Ukraine, which is not helping anything right now

https://www.motor1.com/news/571068/wire-harness-shortage-war-ukraine/

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #1389 on: June 10, 2022, 09:44:41 am »
So, contacted my sales person where I have my deposit. According to him things are really slow for sports cars as far as allocations. But I changed my order to include paint to sample PTS, which he said may help to secure an allocation sooner. Makes sense as they would prioritize higher margin orders.

Not sure how I feel about it. Kind of excited as PTS would make the car very unique...but on the other hand we're entering mission creep as it adds $$$ onto the final price, should I ultimately go through with this venture.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: June 10, 2022, 10:09:57 am »
So, contacted my sales person where I have my deposit. According to him things are really slow for sports cars as far as allocations. But I changed my order to include paint to sample PTS, which he said may help to secure an allocation sooner. Makes sense as they would prioritize higher margin orders.

Not sure how I feel about it. Kind of excited as PTS would make the car very unique...but on the other hand we're entering mission creep as it adds $$$ onto the final price, should I ultimately go through with this venture.
The longer you have to wait, the more you should have saved, so at least there is that.  Any idea what color you are leaning towards?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 10, 2022, 10:12:43 am »
What about European delivery?

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: June 10, 2022, 10:27:26 am »

The longer you have to wait, the more you should have saved, so at least there is that.  Any idea what color you are leaning towards?

Albert Blue, Nardo Grey, Signal Yellow...so much to choose from. In one sense, it has to be unique. Ideally a colour, as opposed to a grey, but maybe not. I don't know. It's a bit of a rabbit hole...

Actually I didn't ask about European delivery. I think I will since what the heck $$$$$

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: June 10, 2022, 10:36:00 am »

Albert Blue, Nardo Grey, Signal Yellow...so much to choose from. In one sense, it has to be unique. Ideally a colour, as opposed to a grey, but maybe not. I don't know. It's a bit of a rabbit hole...

Actually I didn't ask about European delivery. I think I will since what the heck $$$$$
Most definitely have to do a color and not just a gray/white/silver/black color.  There must be a lot of choices.  Do you have a preference for interior color?  Might as well make a trip of it seeing as it'll likely be a once in a lifetime kind of purchase.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #1394 on: June 10, 2022, 10:37:53 am »

There was an Albert Blue 718 Spyder for sale a while back, it looked great. I definitely think you should get a real colour.

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: June 10, 2022, 10:52:47 am »

Most definitely have to do a color and not just a gray/white/silver/black color.  There must be a lot of choices.  Do you have a preference for interior color?  Might as well make a trip of it seeing as it'll likely be a once in a lifetime kind of purchase.

For interior, right now I'm thinking about leaving it black, but adding some additional leather (i.e. dash, etc.). Especially if I get a bright colour like Signal Yellow. But also, going non black removes all the GTS interior pieces and I want to make sure the car remains a GTS if you know what I mean. Keep it coherent.

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 10, 2022, 10:54:01 am »
This is the recent code PP43Z690

All the PTS colours are available on the build site...you can waste a lot of time on that.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 10, 2022, 10:54:27 am »

For interior, right now I'm thinking about leaving it black, but adding some additional leather (i.e. dash, etc.). Especially if I get a bright colour like Signal Yellow. But also, going non black removes all the GTS interior pieces and I want to make sure the car remains a GTS if you know what I mean. Keep it coherent.

It's too bad you couldn't do something like a nice gray and still keep the GTS pieces.

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-46
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru WRX STI, 2022 Acura MDX (wifey's)
« Reply #1398 on: June 10, 2022, 11:04:45 am »
How about Miami blue? That's what I would go with if doing a custom order.  :)

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 10, 2022, 11:06:09 am »
How about Miami blue? That's what I would go with if doing a custom order.  :)

That one is actually not available...though there are plenty blues close to it