Author Topic: Findway floor mats  (Read 16254 times)

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-46
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru WRX STI, 2022 Acura MDX (wifey's)
Re: Findway floor mats
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2021, 03:45:55 pm »
Yeah, I get ya, but like I said, kinda hard to avoid in a new vehicle nowadays. All the vehicles we tested before deciding on the MDX had electronic parking brakes. FWIW, I prefer old fashioned hand brakes too, like in my STI  ;)

Btw, e-brake to me, always stood for emergency brake, which also doubles as a parking brake. Manual operation before, but now electronic. E-brake referring to "electronic" brakes is confusing when you don't know what the person is referring to.

Offline rrocket

• Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2021, 03:51:22 pm »
Our Lexus had separate shoes  (like drum brakes) that rode INSIDE the rear disc hats for the parking brake.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2021, 04:01:47 pm »
Our Lexus had separate shoes  (like drum brakes) that rode INSIDE the rear disc hats for the parking brake.

That's what I meant above when I mentioned "hybrid" parking brakes. Subaru uses the same on WRXs and STIs. Not sure about the other models though.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2021, 05:58:42 pm »

Same system in the GS-350.  I replaced the hardware for them when I did the rear brakes a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.thewrenchmonkey.ca/products/auto-parts/carlson/17485/

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2021, 09:20:30 pm »
Yeah, I get ya, but like I said, kinda hard to avoid in a new vehicle nowadays. All the vehicles we tested before deciding on the MDX had electronic parking brakes. FWIW, I prefer old fashioned hand brakes too, like in my STI  ;)

Btw, e-brake to me, always stood for emergency brake, which also doubles as a parking brake. Manual operation before, but now electronic. E-brake referring to "electronic" brakes is confusing when you don't know what the person is referring to.

"electronic parking brake" is actually electronically actuated at the caliper.  No cables.  The electronic unit is attached to the back of the caliper.  Don't think it can be used as an "emergency" brake.  Just adds more complexity. 

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2021, 11:52:39 pm »

"electronic parking brake" is actually electronically actuated at the caliper.  No cables.  The electronic unit is attached to the back of the caliper.  Don't think it can be used as an "emergency" brake.  Just adds more complexity.

I understand how it works  ;). It's just that people use e-brake interchangeably for both new electronically actuated parking brakes and old style cable emergency/parking brakes. If electronic brakes can't be used in an emergency to stop or slow down the vehicle, then they shouldn't be referred to as e-brakes, IMO. But it's all semantics, pretty soon all vehicles are gonna have electronic parking brakes. And people will just continue to call them e-brakes for short.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 12:06:26 am by JG20 »

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +111/-460
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2022, 07:13:32 pm »
Ordered some of these mats for the new Honda I will be picking up soon.  This will be my first time with these guys as I have only used Weathertech before and those were fine but getting a bit too pricy now.  So saving likely $80+.  The only problem that I have is I could only pick black as the colour and I find with my Weathertech liners they were always impossible to get completely clean.  Would have rather got gray like my current ones.  Oh well, I guess I have to suck it up for that $80 savings.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2022, 01:22:58 am »
My Findway mats are coming on two years old and they still look pitch black and new.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2022, 08:51:33 am »
I'm trying Husky Liners in the CX-5 this time.  I'm getting the trunk liner, too, because dogs!

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2022, 09:44:12 am »
I'm trying Husky Liners in the CX-5 this time.  I'm getting the trunk liner, too, because dogs!
Yeah I looked at those too (plus the one's on offer at Costco) but Findway is just a bit cheaper than all those and Canadian company.  So that's why I ended up with those.

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2022, 09:56:36 am »
My Findway mats are coming on two years old and they still look pitch black and new.

My Findway mats have been through 3 winters, and they are still in excellent shape. The floor under the mat was bone dry, when I pulled them out at winter's end. They have held their shape perfectly, and the snaps are still tight. Great product.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2022, 10:24:18 am »
No Findways for Land Rovers or Ridgelines. They are dead to me...  ;D

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2022, 11:59:31 am »
1've had Maxspyder in the X5 since new and they are holding up well.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2022, 12:29:15 pm »
The problem with Findway is that they really don't have a whole lot of things for a whole lot of models available. Once they're sold out of a product, they don't make more. They probably are low volume because they don't advertise and rely on word of mouth but it's hard to recommend them if they don't have product. It's a shame because it is a fantastic product.

Offline rrocket

• Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2022, 12:32:42 pm »
1've had Maxspyder in the X5 since new and they are holding up well.
Same!

And I'd say my usage is extreme.

Steel chips embedded in the bottom of my work shoes.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2022, 12:33:35 pm »
The problem with Findway is that they really don't have a whole lot of things for a whole lot of models available. Once they're sold out of a product, they don't make more. They probably are low volume because they don't advertise and rely on word of mouth but it's hard to recommend them if they don't have product. It's a shame because it is a fantastic product.
Yeah I would have gone with them two years ago when I ordered my VW GLI, but they didn't make any for that vehicle, even though it's not exactly a low volume car and not older model year.  When we ordered my wifes Rav4 we could have got them from Findway but then I learned that our dealer was throwing in Toyota all weather mats for free.  So we ended up just getting the cargo liner from them, and that's been very nice.

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2022, 12:53:54 pm »
We have Tuxmats in the wife's ride.  They cover virtually everything in the footwell.  They are not cheap but are potentially the most effective mat available at this time if you want full coverage from winter salt.

https://www.tuxmat.ca/

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2022, 01:21:32 pm »
We have Tuxmats in the wife's ride.  They cover virtually everything in the footwell.  They are not cheap but are potentially the most effective mat available at this time if you want full coverage from winter salt.

https://www.tuxmat.ca/
Yeah I looked at those too, look really nice, but like you said, they are a little of a premium (weathertech like prices).  If they were the same price as the Findway, I'd probably go that way, but I'm cheap and this new car ain't no Porsche.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2022, 04:14:00 pm »
^^ You should be fine. I'm going on ten years with the Findways in the Civic. The carpet underneath is basically like it was when I bought the car new, with no salt infiltration. The Findways are a fabric mat but can be easily cleaned with a garden hose in the spring. I believe they have a video on cleaning  on their website.
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2022, 04:41:10 pm »
^^ You should be fine. I'm going on ten years with the Findways in the Civic. The carpet underneath is basically like it was when I bought the car new, with no salt infiltration. The Findways are a fabric mat but can be easily cleaned with a garden hose in the spring. I believe they have a video on cleaning  on their website.
I’m not sure they are made the same way nowadays.  Think they are more plastic like the weathertechs, either way I’m good.