Author Topic: The 2020 Toyota Camry and 2021 Avalon are getting AWD  (Read 11540 times)

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
Re: The 2020 Toyota Camry and 2021 Avalon are getting AWD
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2019, 02:29:17 pm »
Why bother with the poor handling, gas mileage, looks, and size of a CUV to not have AWD??
why not buy the FWD version to save weight (better handling?), save money on purchase and possible repairs, get better gas mileage, get a higher seating position, make it easier to get in and out of and still get decent store space.

I'm with the mindset of if there is a bigger engine, get that, if there is awd, get that, if there is a better stereo, yes please, upgraded interior, foh shizzle. For the extra traction in the winter, the AWD is a no brainer.

So, why the hell aren't you driving a Wrangler Rubicon, then, instead of your plain jane Wrangler?  If that's really the theory to which you subscribe....

Wife bought it before I met her...I would have steered her towards a Sahara.

Was the V6 Stang hers as well?   ;D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2019, 02:30:27 pm »
Why bother with the poor handling, gas mileage, looks, and size of a CUV to not have AWD??
why not buy the FWD version to save weight (better handling?), save money on purchase and possible repairs, get better gas mileage, get a higher seating position, make it easier to get in and out of and still get decent store space.

I'm with the mindset of if there is a bigger engine, get that, if there is awd, get that, if there is a better stereo, yes please, upgraded interior, foh shizzle. For the extra traction in the winter, the AWD is a no brainer.

So, why the hell aren't you driving a Wrangler Rubicon, then, instead of your plain jane Wrangler?  If that's really the theory to which you subscribe....

I just got a debadged GT as per Autos.com regulations.  ;D
Lighten up Francis.....

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2019, 02:48:26 pm »

You have redeemed yourself with that comment, sir!

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2019, 03:31:28 pm »

You have redeemed yourself with that comment, sir!

Yeah, good answer.  ;D