Author Topic: New Goodyear Winter Tires: Goodyear WinterCommand  (Read 19326 times)

Offline overtakeyouintheleftlane

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2003 Pontiac Grand AM (sent for scrap), 2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon (sold) and a 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, 2017 Hyundai Accent GL sedan
Re: New Goodyear Winter Tires: Goodyear WinterCommand
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2019, 09:09:05 am »
We had freezing rain and then snow on December 1 and December 2. The tires worked very well. Did not get stuck, stopped the car quickly and are quiet. Not much else to say about them. I'm satisfied with the purchase and have no problems recommending them.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2019, 09:11:36 am »
We had freezing rain and then snow on December 1 and December 2. The tires worked very well. Did not get stuck, stopped the car quickly and are quiet. Not much else to say about them. I'm satisfied with the purchase and have no problems recommending them.

My pension fund says thanks.
Mr Pickypants

Offline overtakeyouintheleftlane

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2003 Pontiac Grand AM (sent for scrap), 2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon (sold) and a 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, 2017 Hyundai Accent GL sedan
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2020, 08:01:03 am »
We had a large snowstorm in Toronto on January 18, 2020. Lots of snow, ice and slush. The tires worked fine in these conditions. I did not get stuck and I tested how quickly they can stop in snow and on slush in the parking lot. They stopped very quickly.

I'm happy with the performance of the tires.

You knew who didn't have winter tires on that day. They were the ones who delayed everyone else and had spinning tires because they can't move. I went around them with ease.

I hope one day Ontario mandates winter tires for all Ontario registered vehicles just as Quebec did.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2020, 08:38:29 pm »
We had a large snowstorm in Toronto on January 18, 2020. Lots of snow, ice and slush. The tires worked fine in these conditions. I did not get stuck and I tested how quickly they can stop in snow and on slush in the parking lot. They stopped very quickly.

I'm happy with the performance of the tires.

You knew who didn't have winter tires on that day. They were the ones who delayed everyone else and had spinning tires because they can't move. I went around them with ease.

I hope one day Ontario mandates winter tires for all Ontario registered vehicles just as Quebec did.
Preach it, brother! ;)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 08:44:54 pm by Angry Chicken »

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2020, 12:02:59 pm »
I tried Blizzaks for the first time, WS90, man these things are loud!!

Offline Golly

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +12/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 05 Miata, 16 Malibu Premier, 19 Buick Enclave Avenir
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2020, 01:43:09 pm »
Different tire for sure, but I find the Blizzaks DM-V2, 255/55R20 on our new Enclave to be as quiet or quieter than the OE Continental all seasons.  Maybe the ANC is really working