Author Topic: Mazda 3 vs Toyota Corolla  (Read 3952 times)

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
Re: Mazda 3 vs Toyota Corolla
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019, 08:23:36 am »
I think more people drive manual Mazda 3's than manual Corolla's.  I could be wrong, but that's my perception.

Probably because most Corollas are driven by ladies...I read that somewhere... ;D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 11:11:21 am by BWII »

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2019, 11:17:59 am »
OK, just checked
4 Toyota dealers. 
1 has 138 new cars, 3 are manuals; 2 Yaris, 1 'rolla (one more coming in)
1 has 181 w/only 1 manual Corolla and 1 Taco
1 has 119 w/1 manual Corolla.
1 has 162 with one manual Taco

Mazda - 2 dealers (are there more in Wpg? Maybe I went blind)
1 has 6 out of 138
1 has 9 out of 148

So 7 out of 600 Toyotas, and 15 out of 286 Mazdas.

Don't know why I just did that...but I did.  So now we know.  Something.  Useless information is my thang!

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2019, 12:11:58 pm »
8 out of 66 Mazdas at my local dealer are manuals. All are 3 sedans.

3 out of 158 Toyota at my local dealer are manuals. One 86, one Corolla, one Yaris.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +269/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2019, 12:18:06 pm »
8 out of 66 Mazdas at my local dealer are manuals. All are 3 sedans.

3 out of 158 Toyota at my local dealer are manuals. One 86, one Corolla, one Yaris.

Anybody who buys an automatic 86 doesn't deserve to be driving an 86. 

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2019, 03:54:16 pm »

Never understood this type of thinking. Maybe you should list the car/truck rules for all to follow.

People buy what they like. Simple.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2019, 04:23:41 pm »

Never understood this type of thinking. Maybe you should list the car/truck rules for all to follow.

Really?  It's a generic statement, but it has to do with the fact that the GT86 is a driver's car, so why wouldn't you want to be as connected to the car as you possibly can? 

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2019, 04:31:57 pm »

Really?  It's a generic statement, but it has to do with the fact that the GT86 is a driver's car, so why wouldn't you want to be as connected to the car as you possibly can?

Because the majority of people don't give a :censor: if it is a driver's car or not. Plus I've seen many people in a driver's car and can't drive worth :censor: and holding everybody else up.

If a person wants a stick to feel "connected", great but if they don't care and just want the car, also great. Both help fund more cars.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2019, 04:35:57 pm »

Because the majority of people don't give a :censor: if it is a driver's car or not. Plus I've seen many people in a driver's car and can't drive worth :censor: and holding everybody else up.

If a person wants a stick to feel "connected", great but if they don't care and just want the car, also great. Both help fund more cars.

The thing about the GT86 is that it is pretty much useless as anything BUT a driver's car.  Being a great driver's car is literally the ONLY reason to buy it. 

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2019, 05:15:54 pm »

The thing about the GT86 is that it is pretty much useless as anything BUT a driver's car.  Being a great driver's car is literally the ONLY reason to buy it. 

I still don't understand how when somebody chooses and auto in a driver's car affects your life. Can people who don't tow buy a pickup? Can a family with no kids buy a minivan?

I'm sure dollars to donuts, the majority of people driving the GT86/BRZ are not drivers.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2019, 06:15:29 pm »

I still don't understand how when somebody chooses and auto in a driver's car affects your life. Can people who don't tow buy a pickup? Can a family with no kids buy a minivan?

I'm sure dollars to donuts, the majority of people driving the GT86/BRZ are not drivers.

It doesn't affect my life, that isn't what I said, and you know it.