Author Topic: Test Drive: 2020 Kia Sedona SX Tech  (Read 1619 times)

Offline AutoTrader.ca

• Administrator
  • Carma: +14/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car
Test Drive: 2020 Kia Sedona SX Tech
« on: June 20, 2019, 07:54:16 am »
Family hauling with utility and style.
Read more...

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
Re: Test Drive: 2020 Kia Sedona SX Tech
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 11:07:55 am »
a coworker recently bought a new Sedona, in the more pedestrian LX+ trim for $35k...a bunch of us piled in for a lunch run last week in it...plenty of space, never felt lacking in power (seemed to have some pep in it) and the third row was surprisingly roomy (the guy who sat back there was 6'2) - maybe not cross country comfy, but fine for a short ride for a full size adult anyway...the way the middle seats move to access the rear was actually pretty nice too...overall, a pretty compelling vehicle that still comes pretty reasonably equipped for $35k .
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 08:02:55 am »
A colleague bought one last year. The transmission went within 6 months. Other than that he likes it.
tell him to stop doing neutral drops...they aren't made for that.  :P

Offline makuribu

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 09:16:07 am »
One of the downsides in the review was that there's no built in vacuum cleaner like in the Odyssey. You can get a Dust Buster for about $50 and save several thousand dollars.  ;D

I've been driving a 2018 Sedona LX for a year and a bit and the only real difference is the newer models get an 8 speed transmission and I'm stuck with 6.

I like the inclusion of some knobs for audio and climate control, so you don't have to try and find a spot on the touch screen while driving. Also, the screen is big enough to read but doesn't protrude like somebody glued an iPad to the dash. Android and Apple phones can talk to the system so you can use Google maps for navigation.

I like the gear shift, as opposed to Honda's nightmare pushbutton shifter.

The engine is "only" 276 HP but it gets me on the highway without problem, and easily squeals the tires at traffic lights if I'm heavy footed.

Handling is pretty good for a minivan. I've driven a rental Grand Caravan on back roads and it was harrowing on corners. The Kia feels much more sure footed.

Fuel consumption is great on the highway and poor doing shopping and Dad taxi duties around town.

Definitely worth a look if you need a minivan.
'Cause you can only drive down Main St. so many times