Author Topic: Test Drive: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe  (Read 5649 times)

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
Re: Test Drive: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2019, 05:09:39 pm »
If GM introduces an entry level V8 (as rumours have suggested), I may be interested. I have sat in a Camaro in a showroom, and found it claustrophobic. I wonder what it would be like on a hot summer's day?

Being retired, winter driving is not much of an issue. I can plan my schedule around the weather, so a RWD vehicle with limited slip and decent snows would probably be fine in the winter. But one possible issue is, I have an aging large dog and it may be a problem for her to climb into the back seat when I have to take her to vet visits etc. I'm not to sure a dealer would let me bring the pooch for a test drive.  ;D

All that said, why bother with a Camaro when a base model 5L Mustang checks all the right boxes, and is more attractive to boot?

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2019, 05:31:29 pm »

All that said, why bother with a Camaro when a base model 5L Mustang checks all the right boxes, and is more attractive to boot?

Except get the Magnaride suspension option.  It is superb.

Yes, but I was thinking base models. I'm not convinced that trick suspensions like Magnaride won't be pricey down the road when repairs are needed.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2019, 06:46:45 pm »
You can get mag-ride on a Mustang.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2019, 06:53:51 pm »

Yes, but I was thinking base models. I'm not convinced that trick suspensions like Magnaride won't be pricey down the road when repairs are needed.

True.

About $450 USD a corner.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2019, 10:41:36 pm »

True.

About $450 USD a corner.
from a dealer such as my work they are $1000+ CAD a corner. And shipped out of the US. Just did a Caddy CTS-V the other day. Was very expensive.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2019, 09:07:06 am »
But that's a Cadillac...you (should) expect to pay more even if it is the same part.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2019, 03:03:32 pm »
But that's a Cadillac...you (should) expect to pay more even if it is the same part.
doesnt matter, was the same price for essentially the same part number for other GM cars

also, our lot has 2-3 ugly Camaros. They will never be shifted unless the salesman offers sexual favours in the sale. Nobody likes them, even the Camaro faithful.

2016 was such a good design...GM is turning into the mainstream Ssaannyyoong (however you spell it). Every car is ugly.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-233
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2019, 03:38:44 pm »
MagneRide on the Mustang GT is actually 6,700$ final price. The option itself is 2,500$ but Performance pkg 1 (4,200$) is mandatory to get the adaptative shocks.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2019, 04:07:56 pm »
MagneRide on the Mustang GT is actually 6,700$ final price. The option itself is 2,500$ but Performance pkg 1 (4,200$) is mandatory to get the adaptative shocks.
getting the parts after the fact is always more

case: price out a transmission rebuild part by part. Then price out a new transmission.  ;D