Author Topic: Bite the Bullitt  (Read 4580 times)

Bite the Bullitt
« on: May 08, 2019, 01:28:51 am »
Post content deleted at request of original poster.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 03:42:50 pm by autoTRADER.ca »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
Re: Bite the Bullitt
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 03:04:46 am »
Awesome...congrats!

Did you drive the Type R?
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-517
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 06:50:50 am »
Sweet! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline superukr

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +17/-34
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 08:05:27 am »
You da man!

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 08:23:06 am »
Very nice. Looking forward to the pics.

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 08:25:15 am »
Excellent and congrats!
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline CSH

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +71/-102
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Telsa Model 3 SR+, 2009 Honda CRV, 2015 Honda CBR500R
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 08:52:40 am »
Awesome, Congratulations

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 08:55:18 am »
We need a This Post is Useless Without Video for when you pick it up and do the show'n'shine.  Someone hurry up and make one...

Congrats on the new ride.  Vroom vroom!!  :cheers:

PS - Does it come with pedestrian detection?  ;D  :stick:

Online tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 09:37:56 am »
I'm loving the collection of Muscle cars around here. All we need is someone to step up into a Challenger and we've got everything.

Sir O' is buying a new car. He's single and loves the Challenger so he'll buy totally bu......  Oh. Wait.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 09:39:42 am »
dang, congrats.   so jealous right now.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 09:42:48 am »
As you may or may not know, I was debating about whether to buy a Civic TYpe R or a Mustang Bullitt as a summer only car and then trudge around in a winter beater for the rest of the year. I had a chance to drive a 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt and thought I would share some personal perspective.

-I think it looks fantastic.  Legitimately 'debadged,' it looks great.  Somehow less like a GT.  Weird.
-The engine is a gem.  Long geared, good low end torque, and rip toward redline that reminds me of a GT350.  Like 98% of a GT350.  It feels like it shouldn't be in a Mustang but instead a BMW M4. 480 hp is like, a lot.
-The sound is wonderous.  There are 4 modes, which includes Normal, Sport, and Track (pops and bangs).  The quiet mode surporsed me, however.  Subdued enough to not :censor: off the neighbours early in the morning (or late at night). 
-The suspension is compliant to the point of me wanting a bit more stffness and a tad less body roll.  But realistically, on the street this is a great handling car for most situations.  It has the magnaride shocks which adjust automatically but which can also be firmed up via a mode if required.
-The interior surprised me.  Pretty good quality, actually.  Lots of tech - performance apps including line lock., etc.
-Great stereo - a B&O 12 speaker which is not available on other Mustangs.
-Shifter is short and direct with just a bit of notchiness.  No complaints.
-The clutch is a bit different - with a springy action during the last part of the travel.  A little getting used to out of first but great when banging shifts home.
-I was impressed with the solidity of the car.  This surprised me - not sure what I expecting exactly but definitely more solid feeling than my Golf R (which is very good to begin with).
-Brembos had good bite and were easy to modulate.

The only thing I didn't like was the side mirrors - they are too small.  And the Recaros.  Manual adjustment and a bit too tight for my back (I have a wide back.  Seriously - not the front...heh, heh).  The regular seats are a bit softer, more comfortable for what I would do with the car, heated and cooled and power operated.

Anyhoo, through some heavy negotiation which provided a price that was frankly, far too good to pass up, I should have it this Thursday.  Will post pics.

Thanks for everyone's previous input.
Boss!
What power do they put out to the wheels in stock form?
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2019, 09:52:00 am »
Awesome  O0 O0 O0 O0

I'm loving the collection of Muscle cars around here. All we need is someone to step up into a Challenger and we've got everything.

That someone should be me.

:iagree:

Offline evil_twin

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +253/-253
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing, 2018 Audi Q7 3.0T
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 10:03:59 am »
Well done! 

... I wanted something that I could more easily cruise in and yet have the big arse power when I wanted it.  I felt the Mustang had the better dual personality at this stage of my life.

That makes a lot of sense.  I've not driven the latest gen Mustangs, but it sure reads like it could be a comfortable cruiser when desired.

-I think it looks fantastic.  Legitimately 'debadged,' it looks great.  Somehow less like a GT.  Weird.

Does this mean yours is coming debadged?  As in, without the Bullitt logos?

Offline sszoomzoom

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +24/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX5 Signature - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2019, 10:57:17 am »
As you may or may not know, I was debating about whether to buy a Civic TYpe R or a Mustang Bullitt as a summer only car and then trudge around in a winter beater for the rest of the year. I had a chance to drive a 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt and thought I would share some personal perspective.

-The engine is a gem.  Long geared, good low end torque, and rip toward redline that reminds me of a GT350.  Like 98% of a GT350.  It feels like it shouldn't be in a Mustang but instead a BMW M4. 480 hp is like, a lot.
-The sound is wonderous.  There are 4 modes, which includes Normal, Sport, and Track (pops and bangs).  The quiet mode surporsed me, however.  Subdued enough to not :censor: off the neighbours early in the morning (or late at night). 
-The suspension is compliant to the point of me wanting a bit more stffness and a tad less body roll.  But realistically, on the street this is a great handling car for most situations.  It has the magnaride shocks which adjust automatically but which can also be firmed up via a mode if required.
-The interior surprised me.  Pretty good quality, actually.  Lots of tech - performance apps including line lock., etc.
-Great stereo - a B&O 12 speaker which is not available on other Mustangs.
-Shifter is short and direct with just a bit of notchiness.  No complaints.
-The clutch is a bit different - with a springy action during the last part of the travel.  A little getting used to out of first but great when banging shifts home.
-I was impressed with the solidity of the car.  This surprised me - not sure what I expecting exactly but definitely more solid feeling than my Golf R (which is very good to begin with).
-Brembos had good bite and were easy to modulate.

The only thing I didn't like was the side mirrors - they are too small.  And the Recaros.  Manual adjustment and a bit too tight for my back (I have a wide back.  Seriously - not the front...heh, heh).  The regular seats are a bit softer, more comfortable for what I would do with the car, heated and cooled and power operated.

Anyhoo, through some heavy negotiation which provided a price that was frankly, far too good to pass up, I should have it this Thursday.  Will post pics.

Thanks for everyone's previous input.

Congrats on the Bullitt.
What colour did you get?

Online tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 11:08:31 am »
Don't they only come in green?

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 11:10:34 am »

Black or green....

Personally, if you're getting a Bullitt, it's gotta be green  ;D

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12385
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 11:30:00 am »
Fantastic choice!
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 01:36:38 pm »
Congratulations on the car.  The Type R (or any hot hatch for that matter) looks a little pricey once you look at the 400-500hp muscle cars that you can get for the same price.  V8 + RWD?  yes please!  I still love the Type R, but if I was in your position, I can't say that I wouldn't have made the same choice. 

Except in my case it would have been a Challenger with the 392.

Now, you have to be really careful pulling out of the parking lot after Cars and Coffee...I wouldn't even risk it...wait until the crowds have dispersed.  :rofl2:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:39:16 pm by Great_Big_Abyss »

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 01:47:29 pm »

Black or green....

Personally, if you're getting a Bullitt, it's gotta be green  ;D

Yup, the green.

:winner:

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 01:54:36 pm »
Sweet! Excellent choice.  :thumbup:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken