Author Topic: Test Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot  (Read 5472 times)

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
Re: Test Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 12:01:38 pm »
The QX60's power folding mirrors are also not automatic when you lock the doors.
seems odd...our Sorento has the power folding mirrors and they fold in when you lock the doors...perhaps it's a setting that can be toggled on/off in the menu somewhere?
The QX60's power folding mirrors are also not automatic when you lock the doors.
seems odd...our Sorento has the power folding mirrors and they fold in when you lock the doors...perhaps it's a setting that can be toggled on/off in the menu somewhere?
Yes, I would have expected an auto feature but..
What I do though sometimes is I fold mine and turn off the car. Then, once I've turned off the engine I click the button back to the unfold position. When I start the engine, they unfold...still manual but I don't pull out forgetting to unfold them.
Railton
just to clarify, our Sorento has a button...you can press the button to fold or unfold the mirrors, or leave it in the auto setting...they also have the tilt feature for backing up...if you don't want that feature to be active, simple leave the "mirror adjust" button in the neutral position...if you leave it in the "right" or "left" setting, the auto tilt feature will work for you as well...essentially, all features have an auto or user engaged option, which is quite nice.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Niklasky

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +18/-22
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Pilot Touring, 2015 Kia Rondo EX Luxury
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2019, 12:04:48 pm »
Yes, I would have expected an auto feature but..
What I do though sometimes is I fold mine and turn off the car. Then, once I've turned off the engine I click the button back to the unfold position. When I start the engine, they unfold...still manual but I don't pull out forgetting to unfold them.
Railton
just to clarify, our Sorento has a button...you can press the button to fold or unfold the mirrors, or leave it in the auto setting...they also have the tilt feature for backing up...if you don't want that feature to be active, simple leave the "mirror adjust" button in the neutral position...if you leave it in the "right" or "left" setting, the auto tilt feature will work for you as well...essentially, all features have an auto or user engaged option, which is quite nice.

The tilting mirrors work the same way in the Pilot. Left or right depending on your choice. I'll keeping looking for an automatic folding setting though.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 12:11:19 pm »
Just be aware the Yukon and Tahoe will us 50% more fuel. But it is 50% more capable if you need it.

you forgot no locking diffs.  :P

Yayaya

50% more fuel?  Closer to 30% more fuel, which is still a lot.  When comparing the combined fuel economy average.

And probably costs 30% more to buy as well, right ?

You’re right. My Sequoia uses 50% more though.

Offline Shorlaw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +17/-85
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Corvette GS, 2013XKR, 2018 Macan S
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 12:18:03 pm »

I would prefer the button.  As I wouldn't want to do it all the time.  Maybe just tight spaces.  But why would I want to do it in my driveway.  More often it folds, the sooner it will break down.

Maybe it's a JLR thing, but they fold the mirrors in when you press the lock button a second time

Offline Niklasky

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +18/-22
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Pilot Touring, 2015 Kia Rondo EX Luxury
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2019, 10:24:22 am »
So I've looked through the settings, everywhere, and it doesn't look like the outside mirrors can be configured to fold automatically upon locking the doors. I also tried pressing the remote lock button several times, it doesn't do anything.

Bah, never mind. It's not that useful here anyway, our parking spaces are wide enough (not like in Europe).

I'll tell you one thing though, this remote start feature is awesome. It's a first for me, I've never had it before, but I'm liking it, especially now with the crappy weather we are experiencing. There is a bit of a quirk there though, in that when you use remote start it will trigger the heated seats and they will both stay on after you drive off even if there is no passenger. I noticed this because I had my lunch bag on the passenger seat and after a while I felt like it had heated my salad and yogurt... So I turned on the seat cooling feature for a bit... I'm not sure the heated steering wheel turns on with remote start. I was told it's supposed to, but I'm not 100% sure.

Aside from that it handles really well, even on snow. I was looking at the torque information diagram, and it looks like torque vectoring is at play every time you turn, sending more power to the outside wheels and specially the rear.

One of the things I am realizing now is that having a large and high up vehicle, it is that much more difficult to remove snow from it, especially the roof. On a major snow day, I'll probably need a step ladder to clear up the roof.