Author Topic: The Hyundai Santa Cruz truck is headed for production ‘ASAP’  (Read 52744 times)

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12418
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
Re: The Hyundai Santa Cruz truck is headed for production ‘ASAP’
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2021, 06:22:53 am »
I dig it.  :winner:
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2021, 11:56:06 am »
This would be perfect for my gf, if it wasnt priced like it is, and...she doesn't like Hyundai products  :P What she needs is a GM or Mopar version of this, and priced like a Maverick

This is the perfect vehicle for all the urban cowboys out there that just put bikes or gardening supplies in the bed of their 1500 and wash it 3 times a week...but it is not butch enough

Will be interesting to see if it sells
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 11:59:51 am by ChaosphereIX »
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +290/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2021, 12:25:26 pm »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QoLYdalzrbA

I really think the did a great job here.

Kudos to Hyundai

Me too.

But I think the pricing is out to lunch.

I don’t.  It is quite a bit better packaged than the Maverick.

$38k starting price and manual climate controls. $38k gets a Ranger Supercrew with dual zone auto climate and 7500 lb towing capacity on a truck frame.

Maverick starts from $26k, I would hope the Santa Cruz is better packaged. But wait a base Maverick has single zone auto climate.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2021, 12:27:48 pm »

Kudos to Hyundai

Me too.

$38k starting price and manual climate controls. $38k gets a Ranger Supercrew with dual zone auto climate and 7500 lb towing capacity on a truck frame.

Maverick starts from $26k, I would hope the Santa Cruz is better packaged. But wait a base Maverick has single zone auto climate.

You and your auto climate controls, lol.  It's the only thing that matters to you, I guess.   :stick:

You'll be sad to hear that my new Mazda3, as nice as it is in every other respect, has manual climate controls.  I had to switch to defrost for a few minutes this morning - oh the horror!

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2021, 12:52:10 pm »

Kudos to Hyundai

Me too.

You and your auto climate controls, lol.  It's the only thing that matters to you, I guess.   :stick:

You'll be sad to hear that my new Mazda3, as nice as it is in every other respect, has manual climate controls.  I had to switch to defrost for a few minutes this morning - oh the horror!

Lol.  :rofl2: None of my vehicles have automatic defog either, I have to push the button.

Still auto climate control aside, $38k would you rather get a Santa Cruz or Ranger? Or $2k more for a Tacoma.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2021, 04:07:36 pm »

Kudos to Hyundai

Me too.

In all fairness, the Ranger is garbage

Hmmmm. I see Consumer Reports' scathing predicted reliabiity score with the Ranger. Most owners report problems with the electronics and climate control.

I don't really trust Hyundai's electrical system either after the stories I've heard.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2021, 04:10:18 pm »

Kudos to Hyundai

Me too.

In all fairness, the Ranger is garbage

Hmmmm. I see Consumer Reports' scathing predicted reliabiity score with the Ranger. Most owners report problems with the electronics and climate control.

I don't really trust Hyundai's electrical system either after the stories I've heard.

Funny, 'cause I don't trust their engines, either. 

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2021, 04:52:50 pm »

Kudos to Hyundai

Me too.

Lol.  :rofl2: None of my vehicles have automatic defog either, I have to push the button.

Still auto climate control aside, $38k would you rather get a Santa Cruz or Ranger? Or $2k more for a Tacoma.
At damn near $40k, Taco, or a slightly used 1/2 ton. Under $35, Maverick. I don't trust Hyundai for long term.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2021, 05:00:57 pm »

Hyundai's or Ford's?

At damn near $40k, Taco, or a slightly used 1/2 ton. Under $35, Maverick. I don't trust Hyundai for long term.

Which is sad because there are lots of reliable Elantra and Santa Fes from the late 2000s. Then they moved to the awful GDI engines.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2021, 05:11:22 pm »
Looks killer in white.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2021, 05:40:41 pm »

Hyundai's or Ford's?

Yes.

(But I mean the Hyundai)

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2021, 05:59:13 pm »

Hyundai's or Ford's?

Which is sad because there are lots of reliable Elantra and Santa Fes from the late 2000s. Then they moved to the awful GDI engines.

And my twelve year-old Sonata is still kicking butt.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2021, 06:20:11 pm »

Kudos to Hyundai

Me too.

Loaded SC $40K.  Loaded Taco $58K.  Can you even get a Taco for $40K?

Basically, he wants anything but a Hyundai - the price comparisons are just a distraction.  ::)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2021, 06:39:48 pm »

Kudos to Hyundai

Me too.

Loaded SC $40K.  Loaded Taco $58K.  Can you even get a Taco for $40K?

Basically, he wants anything but a Hyundai - the price comparisons are just a distraction.  ::)
Exactomundo!!

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2021, 06:46:24 pm »
A $58k Tacoma is loaded with heavy duty off road bits you can't get in the Hyundai. The $47k Tacoma Double Cab Long Box Sport Premium is a loaded normal Tacoma.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 10, 2021, 06:48:24 pm »
A $58k Tacoma is loaded with heavy duty off road bits you can't get in the Hyundai. The $47k Tacoma Double Cab Long Box Sport Premium is a loaded normal Tacoma.
I think the wifes work truck was in the low to mid 40s

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2021, 08:04:35 pm »

That's why it's kicking butt - it's not a new engine.  12 years ago Honda didn't make crappy engines either (looking at you, 1.5l turbo).
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2021, 08:07:00 pm »
If any other reviewers make grandma jokes about this thing its sales figure are f@cked.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2021, 08:09:20 pm »

That's why it's kicking butt - it's not a new engine.  12 years ago Honda didn't make crappy engines either (looking at you, 1.5l turbo).

AMEN!!!!

In the quest for greater fuel economy, we have sacrificed reliabilty. 

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2021, 08:39:53 pm »
If any other reviewers make grandma jokes about this thing its sales figure are f@cked.
Oh come on... realistically speaking, who is going to buy these?? Its the blue hair, gardening club set