Author Topic: Birth of an Acura NSX  (Read 2076 times)

Offline AutoTrader.ca

• Administrator
  • Carma: +14/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car
Birth of an Acura NSX
« on: November 23, 2018, 12:24:11 pm »
Born in the USA.
Read more...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Birth of an Acura NSX
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 12:34:49 pm »
Really cool and interesting article. As for the car itself, $200k+ for such an utterly uninspiring looking car is just ridiculous to me.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 12:44:07 pm »
Really cool and interesting article. As for the car itself, $200k+ for such an utterly uninspiring looking car is just ridiculous to me.

I don't mind the style,but much prefer the original. You could drive it down the road like a ferrari without the service headaches.
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 12:45:51 pm »

I don't mind the style,but much prefer the original. You could drive it down the road like a ferrari without the service headaches.

I'm a huge fan of the original ones. Sure they had way less power than this one, but they just looked drop dead sexy....like an exotic car was supposed to.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12397
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 12:50:12 pm »

I'm a huge fan of the original ones. Sure they had way less power than this one, but they just looked drop dead sexy....like an exotic car was supposed to.

Amen.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 12:56:17 pm »

Absolutely, its still a head turner today! The window where these were affordable has unfortunately passed. A few years ago you could get a decent one for ~30g's.
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 01:16:18 pm »

Absolutely, its still a head turner today! The window where these were affordable has unfortunately passed. A few years ago you could get a decent one for ~30g's.

Yeah, a good one is the best part of $100k  :'( :'(

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 01:33:04 pm »
original is 100000% better than the new one? Know why? Because it looks like a supercar, and was a joy to drive. The new one...is a Prius on crack and looks like a plain ugly Acura coupe. Could be the new RSX for all we know.

A core element of supercar success is desirability, the "I feel 5 again" feeling. This new thing does nothing in that regard whatsoever.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +269/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 01:50:57 pm »
original is 100000% better than the new one? Know why? Because it looks like a supercar, and was a joy to drive. The new one...is a Prius on crack and looks like a plain ugly Acura coupe. Could be the new RSX for all we know.

A core element of supercar success is desirability, the "I feel 5 again" feeling. This new thing does nothing in that regard whatsoever.

Oh, I didn't know you had actually driven a new NSX in order to realize in person what you said.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 02:01:39 pm »

Oh, I didn't know you had actually driven a new NSX in order to realize in person what you said.
I have not, note I did not talk about driving dynamics whatsoever. I know that reviewers have said the new NSX is stupid fast and hits corners faster than just about anything, but it looks like a boring Acura. Nothing special.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +269/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2018, 02:11:28 pm »

I have not, note I did not talk about driving dynamics whatsoever. I know that reviewers have said the new NSX is stupid fast and hits corners faster than just about anything, but it looks like a boring Acura. Nothing special.

Wouldn't driving experience play into the 'I feel 5 again' feeling?  Isn't that what a good driving car is supposed to do?  I've heard nothing but great things about the way the new NSX drives.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 02:26:40 pm »
it is more than just the drive - although that is very important I agree...but it is looks, it is the sound, the feeling of "specialness" - there is a reason why Ferrari and Lambo are top dogs in this regard

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 06:17:01 pm »
Nobody remembers how badly the original NSX got panned for its uninspiring styling? I do, what didn’t do well in the eyes of the critics back then stood the test of time and looks pretty good today. I don’t mind the new NSX.