Author Topic: Rust module & winter undercoating  (Read 5356 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
Re: Rust module & winter undercoating
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2018, 09:47:56 pm »
When you do the math, the warranty states you must get your oil changed at 8000km or once every 4 months.

4 months interval for oil changes is ridiculous to keep a motor warranty.  Such a waste of oil and time.  When will Mazda finally close it's doors  ???

Isn't Toyota 8K/6mths? Not much difference.  ::)
No, not for oil changes it's not. They recommend "service" at the interval you posted, not oil changes.

Looked in my dad's new Camry booklet when he got it. 1 year or 16k kms.

Ditto my step mom's new Corolla.

Both are factory full synthetic oil.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2018, 07:58:11 am »
I sit corrected. I just saw SERVICE#1 and assumed it was for an oil change. Instead they just charge you to check your floor mat.

Service #1

Check installation of driver's floor mat.
 Reset Maintenance Reminder Light or system.
 Inspect all lights and horn for proper operation.
 Inspect wiper blades, linkage and washers for proper operation. 1
 Inspect and adjust level - engine oil, brake fluid, engine/inverter coolant, power steering fluid and washer fluid.
 Remove & inspect engine air filter. 2
 Remove & inspect cabin air filter. 3
 Check and record tire tread depth. Examine tires for damage and uneven wear.
 Remove wheels & visually inspect brake pads, calipers, rotors, brake lines and hoses.
 Rotate tires (applicable to same size wheels, front & rear) or alternatively perform seasonal tire change-over. 4
 Record inspection results, measurements and component condition on inspection form and/or repair order.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +269/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 09:03:59 am »
I sit corrected. I just saw SERVICE#1 and assumed it was for an oil change. Instead they just charge you to check your floor mat.

Service #1

Inspect and adjust level - engine oil, brake fluid, engine/inverter coolant, power steering fluid and washer fluid.
 Remove wheels & visually inspect brake pads, calipers, rotors, brake lines and hoses.
 Rotate tires (applicable to same size wheels, front & rear) or alternatively perform seasonal tire change-over. 4
 Record inspection results, measurements and component condition on inspection form and/or repair order.

Yeah, that's a little ridiculous.  Even the Tundra has 16 000km oil change intervals baked into its maintenance reminder app (though you can check and change it to whatever you want).  My first two services are free, and that includes a service #1, and then a service #2.  I'll take it in at 8k the one time, but after that second service, it'll go in at 16 000kms and no more than that. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 09:06:19 am by Great_Big_Abyss »

Offline Hammy

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +52/-182
    • View Profile
    • NL Car Buying 101
  • Cars: 2019 Audi RS3, 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2014 Mazda 3 GX
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2018, 12:34:12 pm »

Service #1

Yeah, that's a little ridiculous.  Even the Tundra has 16 000km oil change intervals baked into its maintenance reminder app (though you can check and change it to whatever you want).  My first two services are free, and that includes a service #1, and then a service #2.  I'll take it in at 8k the one time, but after that second service, it'll go in at 16 000kms and no more than that.

I like with BMW that the scheduled maintenance is "included" so I don't have to get upset when they try and charge me $129/hr for labour on an oil change like the did at VW.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2018, 02:05:43 pm »
If they said "tire rotation or tire changeover (tire on rim)", might be worth it.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2018, 04:45:05 pm »

Service #1

I like with BMW that the scheduled maintenance is "included" so I don't have to get upset when they try and charge me $129/hr for labour on an oil change like the did at VW.
Are the oil changes still at 25,000 km on a BMW ?

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2018, 12:40:01 am »
Think it's 24k km or one year.  If  a lot of that is city driving I wouldn't want to be the second owner after a 4 year lease.  :P

Offline Hammy

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +52/-182
    • View Profile
    • NL Car Buying 101
  • Cars: 2019 Audi RS3, 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2014 Mazda 3 GX
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2018, 07:31:39 am »

Service #1

Are the oil changes still at 25,000 km on a BMW ?

It's one year or 15,000 on mine.