Author Topic: My Lamborghini Huracan Experience  (Read 5767 times)

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
My Lamborghini Huracan Experience
« on: November 02, 2018, 10:13:21 pm »
As most of you know, I rented a Lamborghini Huracan Spyder for 24 hours when I was in Las Vegas with my buddy back in September.  Up front, I've really never driven many high end cars as they just simply don't exist here in the Maritimes.

But holy sweet fack did I ever fall in love with this car.  This was absolute automotive sex for me.  LOL   The car from the outside looked sinister and mean as fack both from the front and rear.  Looks are objective of course, but to me this car was just beautiful.  The interior was exceptionally well done.  I think everything inside simulated a fighter pilot with all of the switches and toggles.  It worked really well with the car.  It was my first time driving a car with navi right in the main gauge cluster, which I really enjoyed. 

But the standout to this car was it's soundtrack.  Holy sweet facking god the V10 in this was just sex to my ears.  Something I'd never get tired out.  I can't even explain the sound of it, especially as you downshift.....but it was heavenly.  I ended driving to Hoover Dam and then through the Valley of Fire State Park.  Beautiful scenery and amazing uncrowded roads to drive on, which was perfect for the Huracan. 

But back to the car.  I simply can't articulate a driving experience like some other members here can, but I was simply amazed.  I found the seats to be extremely comfortable, despite a lot of the reviews I read......but I'm a small guy at only 5'8" so I though I molded into them quite nicely.  I'm a huge manual guy so I wasn't sure what to expect.  But I have to say that I came away extremely impressed.  Shifts were lightning quick and didn't disappoint at all.  This is definitely the only car I've ever driven that I just might be happy with an auto gearbox.  But not saying much as this is literally the highest end car I've ever driven.  But at the end of the day, and even though the car is stunning outside, it was the sound of the V10 that had me hooked and wanting MORE and MORE.   

In the end, for me personally, this was an experience of a lifetime driving this caliber of a car and having my best friend along side.   

Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: My Lamborghini Huracan Experience
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 08:33:58 am »
HAHA, the check engine light is on.

Great write up and pics. I still remember doing my exotic car drive with 6 cars and it was very interesting to see/feel the differences between them.

If you won the Lotto Max, would one be in your driveway?

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 08:49:51 am »
 :fiver: Sweet car!  Smart that you chose the cabrio version to get the full effect of the V10 soundtrack.  I may do something like this next time i'm down there.  Curious though, how does the interior space compare to the S2000? 

Offline Nate4x4

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +9/-3
  • Vehicle Reader
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 94 Toyota Camry
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 10:17:20 am »
Thanks for the post!
If you can't DODGE it, RAM IT!!!

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 10:47:25 am »
so tempted to do something like this myself... glad to see that it wouldn't be wasted on those of us who truly just love cars!

thanks for sharing... not to get too personal, but was the cost something astronomical?
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 02:49:18 pm »
HAHA, the check engine light is on.

Great write up and pics. I still remember doing my exotic car drive with 6 cars and it was very interesting to see/feel the differences between them.

If you won the Lotto Max, would one be in your driveway?

100% yes.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 02:51:45 pm »
:fiver: Sweet car!  Smart that you chose the cabrio version to get the full effect of the V10 soundtrack.  I may do something like this next time i'm down there.  Curious though, how does the interior space compare to the S2000?

I honestly found the interior space just fine and probably very comparable to my S2000 or MR2.  Rear visibility is a totally different animal though.  But my buddy is 6'1" and he had no issues either.  But having said that, we had the top down the entire time so not sure what head space would of been for him with it up. 

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 02:53:41 pm »
so tempted to do something like this myself... glad to see that it wouldn't be wasted on those of us who truly just love cars!

thanks for sharing... not to get too personal, but was the cost something astronomical?

The base price was $999 USD for 24 hours, plus there was a couple of fees on top.  When my CC statement came in, it ended up being a little over $1800 CDN.  IMHO, it was worth every penny.

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 03:59:09 pm »
Nice write-up, Shane!

I admit to being envious of your experience, even though I am most definitely not a huge manual fan.  I can re-learn it as needed and I do enjoy it when I'm back in the groove but am happy with a good responsive auto box.

Transmission aside, the cost gives one pause.  A grand (plus fees and exchange!!) is a whack o' cash.  That being said, the phrase "you only live once" comes to mind when being offered an opportunity such as this.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :fiver: :winner: :cheers:
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 07:07:54 pm »
Nice write-up, Shane!

I admit to being envious of your experience, even though I am most definitely not a huge manual fan.  I can re-learn it as needed and I do enjoy it when I'm back in the groove but am happy with a good responsive auto box.

Transmission aside, the cost gives one pause.  A grand (plus fees and exchange!!) is a whack o' cash.  That being said, the phrase "you only live once" comes to mind when being offered an opportunity such as this.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :fiver: :winner: :cheers:

Yeah, it wasn't cheap being close to $2k cdn for 24 hours, but certainly no regrets.  Driving a car like that was something I'll never forget, so it was well worth it to me.  Also, I guess renting a car that expensive comes with a price.  The owner of the company that I rented it from told me that they incurred 8 write offs the previous month, pretty much all to do with customers driving like an @ss hat.  He mentioned to me that one customer the previous week wrote off McLaren on Vegas BLVD because he was doing 70mph and was snap chatting.  I'm sure incidents like this don't help with lower rental prices. 

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +417/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2018, 08:57:17 pm »
Very interesting. I've been toying with the idea of doing this in Vancouver sometime. They have a Huracan for 1650 insured for 24 hours but you only get 100kms. extra kms are $5  per!

The drive up the Sea to Sky would be fun.  ;D
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2018, 09:07:37 pm »
Very interesting. I've been toying with the idea of doing this in Vancouver sometime. They have a Huracan for 1650 insured for 24 hours but you only get 100kms. extra kms are $5  per!

The drive up the Sea to Sky would be fun.  ;D

Jeez, 100kms really sucks.  At least mine was unlimited.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2018, 07:09:40 am »

The base price was $999 USD for 24 hours, plus there was a couple of fees on top.  When my CC statement came in, it ended up being a little over $1800 CDN.  IMHO, it was worth every penny.

I know that sounds steep, but for 24 hrs, unlimited mileage...meh, not bad.  My wife paid $800 for me to take 8 laps in a "NASCAR" car at Disney a few years back.  That wasn't even 10 minutes.  24 hrs, hell, I'm not sure I"d go to sleep.

Also, WTF man!  No video!  Talk about a prime time to whip out the GoPro!

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2018, 11:24:56 am »
Considering the initial cost of the car plus ongoing costs like depreciation and damage plus service, $2K CDN all in isn't that bad.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2018, 11:29:01 am »
Thanks for sharing Canuck, something on my bucket list (renting a super car). Ya it’s pricey, but worth the money for the experience IMO.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2018, 01:34:06 pm »

I know that sounds steep, but for 24 hrs, unlimited mileage...meh, not bad.  My wife paid $800 for me to take 8 laps in a "NASCAR" car at Disney a few years back.  That wasn't even 10 minutes.  24 hrs, hell, I'm not sure I"d go to sleep.

This is the best video that I have myself.  My buddy had his GoPro when we went to Hoover Dam and through Valley of Fire, but I haven't seen it yet.  lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4NgC9U4K-4

This is the company that I rented from in Vegas in case anyone here wants to next time they are there.  Very professional and would rent from them again in a heartbeat.  $2k is a lot to drop in 24 hours, but given the price of the car and the experience it's worth every single penny. 

http://dreamexoticrentalcars.com/

Offline Hammy

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +52/-182
    • View Profile
    • NL Car Buying 101
  • Cars: 2019 Audi RS3, 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2014 Mazda 3 GX
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2018, 06:25:54 pm »
Wow, that looks like a ton of fun, I'm keeping this in mind if we head back down that way again. 

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2018, 09:06:39 pm »
Yes please!!!    :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Although if I ever purchased one it would probably be in the Orange that I had, yellow, or their stunning blue colour.  But the red still kicks @ss too.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/749319879/overview/

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 07:43:54 pm »

This is the best video that I have myself.  My buddy had his GoPro when we went to Hoover Dam and through Valley of Fire, but I haven't seen it yet.  lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4NgC9U4K-4

This is the company that I rented from in Vegas in case anyone here wants to next time they are there.  Very professional and would rent from them again in a heartbeat.  $2k is a lot to drop in 24 hours, but given the price of the car and the experience it's worth every single penny. 

http://dreamexoticrentalcars.com/

while 2k isn't cheap, I've dropped that on simple bets there enough times where I have nothing to show for it except an elevated heartbeat and excitement.... at least the car, I get that for a full day, not just 45 seconds!

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 12:39:34 am »

I get that for a full day, not just 45 seconds!
That’s what she said