Author Topic: RRocket's FGC Thread Extravaganza  (Read 131303 times)

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-384
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Re: RRocket's FGC Thread Extravaganza
« Reply #300 on: December 21, 2019, 01:49:59 pm »
So the double-pull lever is a solution to an issue that did not exist before. Now it deters owners and other un-initiated from looking under the hood and if they dare, brings more business to the service and parts departments. As a business model I think it's brilliant.  :P
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #301 on: December 21, 2019, 02:27:01 pm »
^^No wonder Infiniti is losing money, they don’t know how to engineer cars to make money! LOL
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #302 on: December 21, 2019, 04:32:47 pm »
The TT continues to irritate in unexpected ways. I've mentioned the absurd hood release. Instead of a full pull to release like most hood releases, you only pull a small amount. But everyone is accustomed to a long pull, and a long pull on the TT snaps it off.

Brought the car in today for tires and alignment. Tech snapped the hood release off. This will be our 3 hood release in the year we've owned it.

That almost sounds like a cruel joke from the design team.

Hey, lets make this pull only half way but if somebody pulls all the way, it will break.

Ya, great idea. HAHAHAHA.
Mine is actuated with a long pull and I have the same model year as yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12435
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #303 on: December 21, 2019, 05:18:30 pm »
^^No wonder Infiniti is losing money, they don’t know how to engineer cars to make money! LOL
Railton

:rofl2:
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-330
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #304 on: December 21, 2019, 05:22:43 pm »
I often see cars at auction with declarations "unable to open hood, latch broken". I automatically avoid anything that has no hood release, who knows how long its had any service when a miserly owner won't even spring for a new hood release.

Had many old gm trucks with a pair of vice grips in the glove box that serve as hood releases.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7218
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 04, 2020, 12:42:21 pm »
Just came from the new(ish) Audi dealership. And I saw something I've never seen at any dealership I've visited.

One full time employee, with a large office...and his title and office was "Warranty Administration".

Like..if you need to have a full time employee just to do warranty stuff? Wow...just wow.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-98
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #306 on: January 04, 2020, 01:16:35 pm »
FWIW my neighbor friend does just that full time at a Kia store and he did the same before at a Honda store. He may not have a nice big office like at the Audi store though.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 04, 2020, 02:00:14 pm »
FWIW my neighbor friend does just that full time at a Kia store and he did the same before at a Honda store. He may not have a nice big office like at the Audi store though.
First place locally I've seen this...

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 04, 2020, 02:33:01 pm »
First place locally I've seen this...

Perhaps the stores are not as big and fancy to have the luxury of having an office for every function.

Speaking of Audi.... Have you seen the new-ish Audi store at 401 & DVP? It's as big as a 4-5 stories residential/office building. BMW and MB have similar stores along DVP.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #309 on: January 04, 2020, 02:41:06 pm »
nearly all stores have them. but they aren't always on premises. we only got ours an office here last year. shop was busy enough it made sense to have her "full time"... still not really full time, but enough hours to call it that, and being here in person helped for sure. gets things done quicker.

lots of stores used to get by having off-site, and they tended to work for more than one dealership/shop.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
« Reply #310 on: January 04, 2020, 02:56:46 pm »

Speaking of Audi.... Have you seen the new-ish Audi store at 401 & DVP? It's as big as a 4-5 stories residential/office building. BMW and MB have similar stores along DVP.

I live by Don Mills north and Finch but haven't seen it. Where is the dealership? In the Consumers Road area?

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 04, 2020, 03:49:11 pm »

I live by Don Mills north and Finch but haven't seen it. Where is the dealership? In the Consumers Road area?

Right side of the 401 W ramp to 404 N or DVP to 401W. It's  a huge 4-5 stories building with a big Audi logo on the side.

It's Audi Midtown Toronto.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 03:55:13 pm by carcrazy »

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
« Reply #312 on: January 04, 2020, 05:37:41 pm »

Right side of the 401 W ramp to 404 N or DVP to 401W. It's  a huge 4-5 stories building with a big Audi logo on the side.

It's Audi Midtown Toronto.

Okay. That's Yorkland Blvd.

Offline Jamie1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Acura TSX, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited ADI,2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT GT
« Reply #313 on: January 05, 2020, 08:28:21 pm »
Just came from the new(ish) Audi dealership. And I saw something I've never seen at any dealership I've visited.

One full time employee, with a large office...and his title and office was "Warranty Administration".

Like..if you need to have a full time employee just to do warranty stuff? Wow...just wow.
I would be more surprised if they didn't have a full time Warranty administrator. That is what my wife does. A good warranty administrator is worth their weight in gold. Her store has one the lowest charge backs. Gets the most $ for the techs and in turn for the store. She is paid well for her efforts. Believe me, manufactures will do just anything to not have to pay a claim.
Enjoying the Alberta advantage

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #314 on: January 05, 2020, 09:53:14 pm »
The local MB dealers have always had them, and I agree it's a vital position. They get the manufacturer to cover repairs for customers and can generate loyalty as well as ensuring the dealer is paid.

One thing that MB does (or did) is pay dealers retail labor rates for warranty work. This ensures your warranty job is not sent to the bottom of the pile.

The warranty administrator at my Toyota dealer called Toyota even though my Highlander was well out warranty and got a significant part of the transfer case repair covered. That was a real score for the dealer, as I would have taken the repair to my indie without that. Maybe a 15min (if that) phone call and maybe an email or two and they got the job. 

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: January 05, 2020, 10:01:35 pm »
Her store has one the lowest charge backs. Gets the most $ for the techs and in turn for the store. She is paid well for her efforts. Believe me, manufactures will do just anything to not have to pay a claim.

Doesn't that mean her dealership screws over the customer more than others?
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #316 on: January 05, 2020, 10:49:26 pm »
^^^ no it means she gets the costs covered for sure, usually quickly, and prior to repair. Means less of the manufacturer denying the claim.  Let's the service dept deal with customers.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 05, 2020, 11:31:10 pm »
Well clearly every other dealer I've been to has these  warranty administrators working out of the broom closet or something...

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 06, 2020, 02:11:12 am »
Well clearly every other dealer I've been to has these  warranty administrators working out of the broom closet or something...

I know at the Mazda dealer I've bought some cars from the position was in an office away from the showroom floor.  I only came to know much about the position as the local MB dealer was very small back then and offices were all right there.

I think the position is created when the volume of the service dept warrants (see what I did there?)  Of course, a dealer can easily not spend the money on the position and have the service manager do it, but most large dealers I know now have such a person on staff as they can develop a relationship with the warranty authorization staff of the manufacturer, software involved, etc.

The first small dealers I knew to have this position were German makes because of the often very high cost of warranty repairs - a single denial could be very costly.  They also do things like get try to get loaner/rental cars paid for by the manufacturer and other customer services.  When a car is out of warranty, they can ask for goodwill money, a discount on a part, etc.

Some dealer groups have an admin dept that oversees several dealers and probably isn't located anywhere near a showroom floor.

Some warranty admins are also techs that verify diagnosis and ensure the proper repairs are being claimed.

I understand this is a very common and important job in the RV industry as RV makers are notorious for not paying up on warranty claims.

Offline Jamie1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Acura TSX, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited ADI,2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT GT
« Reply #319 on: January 06, 2020, 10:24:00 pm »
Her store has one the lowest charge backs. Gets the most $ for the techs and in turn for the store. She is paid well for her efforts. Believe me, manufactures will do just anything to not have to pay a claim.

Doesn't that mean her dealership screws over the customer more than others?
Absolutely not. It means she makes sure the techs stories match up to the repair, makes sure the correct parts are on the R/O for the repair, makes sure all the correct paper work is attached to the R/O when it is closed. There is a lot more to then that stuff. She puts in a lot of hours for them. In short, she makes sure the claim cannot be declined for some stupid reason.