Author Topic: RRocket's FGC Thread Extravaganza  (Read 130585 times)

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
Re: RRocket's FGC Thread Extravaganza
« Reply #280 on: April 23, 2019, 03:54:11 pm »
Got the exhaust on the car. Actually sounds quite amazing, if a bit loud. And that's with the silencers in!

Has an interesting euro/exotic sound to it.

I made a video..but there's lots of wind and those videos irritate me...so I'm not sure I'll post it.

All in all...for the $467 US I paid for it...very pleased! And IQ really digs it!

Mission accomplished...
What exhaust did you end up with?  I have the Magnaflow Touring which I quite like. Nice throaty rumble but no drone at highway speeds.  Driving in parking garages and tunnels is a real thrill.  Also at the race track my car finally sounds like business! :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 23, 2019, 04:58:26 pm »
Got the exhaust on the car. Actually sounds quite amazing, if a bit loud. And that's with the silencers in!

Has an interesting euro/exotic sound to it.

I made a video..but there's lots of wind and those videos irritate me...so I'm not sure I'll post it.

All in all...for the $467 US I paid for it...very pleased! And IQ really digs it!

Mission accomplished...
What exhaust did you end up with?  I have the Magnaflow Touring which I quite like. Nice throaty rumble but no drone at highway speeds.  Driving in parking garages and tunnels is a real thrill.  Also at the race track my car finally sounds like business! :)

Start reading at #268...even posted a couple of videos.

Megan Racing Exhaust.  It's loud with the silencers in....but sounds very nice.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #282 on: April 23, 2019, 06:03:38 pm »
^^ Yes, but you said they were crappy videos with horrible sound quality so I didn't watch them. :)
Sorry for being lazy.  Yes, Megan makes a nice exhaust and arguably it's a higher tier than my Magnaflow.  You got a killer deal.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2019, 06:04:44 pm »
^^ Yes, but you said they were crappy videos with horrible sound quality so I didn't watch them. :)
Sorry for being lazy.  Yes, Megan makes a nice exhaust and arguably it's a higher tier than my Magnaflow.  You got a killer deal.

Well..I think they could be better.

But gets the sound across....

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 03, 2019, 06:52:44 pm »
Changed the headlight bulbs today.

Everything on this car is stupidity...and cheap.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #285 on: December 03, 2019, 06:56:37 pm »

:rofl2:

Just embrace the stupid
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 03, 2019, 07:03:01 pm »

:rofl2:

Just embrace the stupid

It's so, so hard after the (usually) elegant engineering on my other cars.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #287 on: December 03, 2019, 10:21:49 pm »
It’s better than the first gen TT, which required bumper cover removal...
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2019, 11:17:57 pm »
It’s better than the first gen TT, which required bumper cover removal...

I can deal with that...as long as it's intelligently done.

But this?  And Audi knows it's dumb...because they supply a 12" long screwdriver in the tool kit to complete this stupidity.  You essentially have to go down holes to get to 2 of the screws.  And they are Torx screws.  Cheap Torx screws exposed to the elements.  So what happens?  They rust.  And the Torx opening are no longer openings.  You can't get anything else down there.  So you're basically screwed.  And the tabs they screw into?  Don't even get me started.  If one of the tabs breaks because of age (they are thin), you either have to buy a new headlight or the tab side behind the grill.  Which looks like a huge job.

It's just dumb...almost cobbled together.  German "engineering" is a :censor: joke.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 20, 2019, 09:03:23 pm »
The TT continues to irritate in unexpected ways. I've mentioned the absurd hood release. Instead of a full pull to release like most hood releases, you only pull a small amount. But everyone is accustomed to a long pull, and a long pull on the TT snaps it off.

Brought the car in today for tires and alignment. Tech snapped the hood release off. This will be our 3 hood release in the year we've owned it.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #290 on: December 20, 2019, 09:26:09 pm »
The TT continues to irritate in unexpected ways. I've mentioned the absurd hood release. Instead of a full pull to release like most hood releases, you only pull a small amount. But everyone is accustomed to a long pull, and a long pull on the TT snaps it off.

Brought the car in today for tires and alignment. Tech snapped the hood release off. This will be our 3 hood release in the year we've owned it.

So you're getting close to my state of insanity where I print stickers telling techs what to do/touch and what not to ;D
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 20, 2019, 09:30:38 pm »

So you're getting close to my state of insanity where I print stickers telling techs what to do/touch and what not to ;D
Pretty much!

$52 for new latch, which they're paying for obviously.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #292 on: December 20, 2019, 09:44:16 pm »

On the Genesis????

I thought they were better thought out than that.  Seriously.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 20, 2019, 10:01:36 pm »

On the Genesis????

I thought they were better thought out than that.  Seriously.

They are for the most part. My winter wheels are staggered (came from a coupe) so I had to label them for costco. Also the steering fluid reservoir can be at two different locations under hood depending on the system type.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #294 on: December 21, 2019, 08:46:53 am »

That almost sounds like a cruel joke from the design team.

Hey, lets make this pull only half way but if somebody pulls all the way, it will break.

Ya, great idea. HAHAHAHA.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +417/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #295 on: December 21, 2019, 08:59:15 am »

Hey, lets make this pull only half way but if somebody pulls all the way, it will break.

Who says the Germans don't have a great sense of humour?  ;D
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Shorlaw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +17/-85
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Corvette GS, 2013XKR, 2018 Macan S
« Reply #296 on: December 21, 2019, 09:56:35 am »

I"m not sure if it's the same design on the Q3 because it turned out the latch under the hood was seized, but I snapped my pull off a couple weeks ago thinking "maybe if I just pulled a little harder...."

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 21, 2019, 10:21:52 am »

Half way?

Doesn't even go that far. More like 1/4 pull.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 21, 2019, 12:09:22 pm »

Half way?

Does this "smart" latch eliminates the need for a secondary, under the hood one?

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #299 on: December 21, 2019, 01:42:48 pm »

Half way?

Does this "smart" latch eliminates the need for a secondary, under the hood one?
i'm pretty sure the secondary one is mandatory (regulation/law)...it's to prevent opening the hood at speed, and have it flying open while driving.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.