Author Topic: Head to Head: 2018 Ford Fusion Sport vs 2018 Volkswagen Passat GT  (Read 4605 times)

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-774
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Re: Head to Head: 2018 Ford Fusion Sport vs 2018 Volkswagen Passat GT
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2018, 10:03:44 am »
For a brand new model that is a traditional top seller, the Accord has been an astonishingly rare sighting for me.  When the current Civic hit the market it seemed that overnight they were freaking everywhere.  And now, I don't know how Civic drivers find their cars in a parking lot (particularly given the traditional BORING Honda colour palette).  But the Accord?  Jeebus, I'm sure someone is buying them, but not in any great numbers in my neck of the woods.  And frankly, were I looking for a mainstream sporty sedan, I can't for the life of me see why I would choose the Accord over the Civic Si.

I don't think anyone is buying the Accord in great numbers. At least in the U.S. sales are down quite a bit.

The Passat GT has already been discontinued by the way. It basically only existed for a few months after debuting in January.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2018, 10:57:03 am »
We saw a few Accords in the states, and a number of Malibu/Impala. Tons of Camry's though.

Offline chignectohead

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +31/-195
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda6 2.5t
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2018, 02:59:29 am »
So I went and tried the Fusion Sort, because a friend got one and said have at it. Adjust it any way you want, because it has memory settings.

The driver's seat is a complete joke. the squab is four inches shorter than my LGT so my thighs were waving in the breeze and I'm 5-9. Then the bolsters squeezed my butt. It was like sitting in an actual bucket. and it hurt. Ridiculous. Complete fail. Gave up after ten minutes.

My friend is 6-4 and used to having his knees in his field-of-view when driving a car. He's never had thigh support, so doesn't miss it, and his size squashes the bolsters at the back of the short seat.

One thing to opine on a car you haven't driven and I do all the time equipped with just my thoughts. But before buying, you need to actually try. Like the G70 and it's doctoral dissertation on tire noise, reality sometimes can be downright annoying. So my memory is growling engine and crap seats.

Next.