Author Topic: Rust Check vs. Krown  (Read 10200 times)

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-404
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
Re: Rust Check vs. Krown
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 09:26:15 pm »
So I used Rust Check this year for the LS 430, and I'm happier with the results. The stuff is definitely thicker and drips less. My Lexus master tech had the car up on a hoist for the tire rotation and he commented about how thick and good whatever the stuff I used was. The holes drilled are unnoticeable and covered with OEM-looking black plugs. I don't believe this car had been rust proofed before (Rrocket owned it before me), and the underbody is absolutely spotless. Really looks like it's never seen a winter before.
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 09:51:01 pm »
So I used Rust Check this year for the LS 430, and I'm happier with the results. The stuff is definitely thicker and drips less. My Lexus master tech had the car up on a hoist for the tire rotation and he commented about how thick and good whatever the stuff I used was. The holes drilled are unnoticeable and covered with OEM-looking black plugs. I don't believe this car had been rust proofed before (Rrocket owned it before me), and the underbody is absolutely spotless. Really looks like it's never seen a winter before.
OEM plugs  :rofl:
I buy those plugs to seal holes in duct work, the seal air under pressure, so they keep water out

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-404
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 12:18:42 am »
OEM plugs  :rofl:
I buy those plugs to seal holes in duct work, the seal air under pressure, so they keep water out

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: