Author Topic: EMMO Monster  (Read 5760 times)

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +39/-240
    • View Profile
EMMO Monster
« on: October 03, 2018, 01:46:51 pm »
This is my electric bike. Now I'm a bus operator. because of the split shifts I used an e-bike to get to the depot, up to snowfalls. Then I have to take the battery off and store the battery indoors. Otherwise the 72V battery is toast at the end of winter. because the bike heavy frame off-roader. goes 48 clicks on full charge. No matter how small the journey, always keep the bike full charged. You can legal ride them anywhere. Bike path are just starting to ban them. You can blat about the woods to heart content. I take the bike though the woods and have had lots of fun. I have to open a panel and pull a wire. The bike will then go up to 50 KPH. But it is not legal to take on the road. on the road is it govern 32 KPH. Which means no insurance, no license. I have on my contents Insurance.  Also you need a massive chain to attach to things. Thief is common if you don't. But all in all it has been great.

The Governor

Three speeds. Low Mid High. really only makes a difference one you take of the governor

Brake Fluid has to be changed every 20,000 clicks.

The red button is so you can lock of the Ignition.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 06:16:58 pm by Ontariodriver »

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
Re: EMMO Monster
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 02:05:07 pm »
around here, only the sketchiest of people ride them...the ratio of riders and DUIs is likely close to 1:1.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7216
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 06:17:01 pm »

You can drive anywhere. On the side walk.

It depends on the city.  Some cities have e-bike by-laws.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 06:24:58 pm »
I like it! I wonder if I can take bike paths all the way to/from work. Hmmm..

You can drive anywhere. On the side walk. I often nip on to the trails. Or cut though a park. At the mall. I park the bike, in the bike stand. I have a meaty chain. Plus it is free parking everywhere. This e-bike has heavy duty frame.

around here, only the sketchiest of people ride them...the ratio of riders and DUIs is likely close to 1:1.

It used to be, but more and more that is changing here in this city. Also if you have a DUI, banned, etc, you're not aloud to ride it. It is rare to be stop. I have been stop few times. Mostly at bar time hours. So they are looking. The police have the right to stop you at anytime to ask for your name and details. You have to comply and they don't have to have a reason.  You have to have the plate on the back and the pedals.

I've heard the design is suppose to to reflect a landrover defender.  It is Honda Ruckus clone.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 06:26:11 pm »

The laws is, If you pedal electric bike on the bike trails. Then you can. You can't, if you can't pedal the bike on trails and have to use electric power. Thats law if they have a ban e-bikes.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 06:29:12 pm by Ontariodriver »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 06:28:37 pm »

The laws is, If you pedal electric bike. The you can you can. You can't if you use electric power.

You can't ride pedal bikes on sidewalks in many cities.

Like I said...it depends on the city.  Each has by-laws. 

E-bikes are prohibited (as are bicycles) on sidewalks here.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 06:29:50 pm »

The laws is, If you pedal electric bike. The you can you can. You can't if you use electric power.

So Windsor isn't e-bike friendly. I sort of agree with in away. This bike would cause injury if you hit someone it is really heavy.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 06:32:03 pm by Ontariodriver »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 06:32:32 pm »

So Windsor isn't e-bike friendly. I sort of agree with in away. This bike would cause injury of you hit someone it is really heavy.

With with the speeds they can travel and the weight....ya, it could hurt someone. 

Like I said...check with the city.  Every city has by-laws.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 07:07:20 pm »
Nifty rig!  :thumbup:

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 07:11:58 pm »
on the road is it govern 32 KPH.

I use to draft these things into strong headwinds when I lived in Toronto.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-384
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2018, 07:58:44 pm »
Great ebike  :D  Lead batteries?
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 09:52:24 pm »
on the road is it govern 32 KPH.

I use to draft these things into strong headwinds when I lived in Toronto.

Yes I've been over taking by bike lots of time. Lol. :'(

Great ebike  :D  Lead batteries?

It is gel cell battery. I think they are boat batteries? You get can get a Lithium-ion battery for the bike. Which I gonna try next once this runs out.

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 09:52:54 pm »
That is pretty cool.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2018, 08:24:43 am »
That is pretty cool.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2018, 10:43:33 am »

So Windsor isn't e-bike friendly. I sort of agree with in away. This bike would cause injury of you hit someone it is really heavy.

With with the speeds they can travel and the weight....ya, it could hurt someone. 

London is the same...the other problem with these is the people have no insurance, yet ride in the regular traffic lanes like a traditional scooter (which requires license and insurance)...and since their top speed is about 30 km/hr, getting stuck behind them is annoying AF.

IMO, they shouldn't be allowed the way they are...the should be licensed, insured, and have a higher top speed so they can blend in with traffic better...i don't mind the idea of them, but i don't like the execution.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2018, 05:23:38 pm »

London is the same...the other problem with these is the people have no insurance, yet ride in the regular traffic lanes like a traditional scooter (which requires license and insurance)...and since their top speed is about 30 km/hr, getting stuck behind them is annoying AF.

IMO, they shouldn't be allowed the way they are...the should be licensed, insured, and have a higher top speed so they can blend in with traffic better...i don't mind the idea of them, but i don't like the execution.

Not allowed on sidewalks in Kingston either.  I don't think it's allowed anywhere on sidewalks, just like bicycles.
AFAIK, mainly for people with DUIs from what I've seen.

I also curse getting caught behind them in traffic.

Mr Pickypants

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2018, 07:00:51 pm »

The same things have been said about bicycles for countless years. They used the road just the same and are far more of a problem in break the laws. Blowing through stop sign, traffic lights. Shouting and abusing people. Driving with no lights. They are the problem really. Most E-Bikes are polite and follow rules of the roads. They are of course the few bad apple.  I can't remember the last time I sore a cyclist follow the rules.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 07:02:18 pm »

The same things have been said about bicycles for countless years. They used the road just the same and are far more of a problem in break the laws. Blowing through stop sign, traffic lights. Shouting and abusing people. Driving with no lights. They are the problem really. Most E-Bikes are polite and follow rules of the roads. They are of course the few bad apple.  I can't remember the last time I sore a cyclist follow the rules.

Many of these guys are DUI people....some might dispute that they "follow the rules of the roads"   :rofl: :rofl2:

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2018, 06:08:52 pm »
Many of these guys are DUI people....some might dispute that they "follow the rules of the roads"   :rofl: :rofl2:

No Comment.  :-*

The bike has a 72 Volt Gel Sell battery. Which is good for 48 Kilometers. Because it is a heavy bike. At the time I said I wanted ion lithium battery, when the battery needs replacing. The man in the shop said it was a waste of money. I disagree and I'm now wonder if I am right. is it worth extra? I think it will last considerable longer? who knows...

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2018, 06:47:01 pm »

You mean just like car drivers.  Oh wait, I did see somebody not speeding on the 401 today but sadly it was an assclown doing only 99 kph in the left lane besides transport trucks causing a 1 km backup.