Author Topic: Dealer Wont Let Me Out  (Read 2382 times)

Offline dc12345

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2
Dealer Wont Let Me Out
« on: September 25, 2018, 09:38:39 am »
I had posted in the forum before about additional MRSP which got resolved. However; i purchased my truck on September 15th and the dealer said they had one at there other dealership on the lot and would bring it in.

Sep 17th they call me and say that one is sold and they need to do a locate. To this date there has been no confirmation of a locate and now they are saying that the Truck has been found and they paid to bring it in.

Asked where its coming from - no answer.

Asked when it would be here - no answer.

Asked to cancel the deal and they said no and that I can be served with Papers should I not take posession.

Any tips on what I can do here? Sales person is not helping at all 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:46:58 am by dc12345 »

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
Re: Dealer Wont Let Me Out
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 09:47:21 am »

Offline dc12345

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 09:48:19 am »

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 11:07:01 am »
Time to go down to the dealer and start screaming that these guys are effing  you over. Wait until the big Saturday promotion with the giant gorilla and free hot dogs. Bring a baseball bat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMx-Lv_eZ3s

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 11:25:13 am by ktm525 »

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 12:10:32 pm »
I had posted in the forum before about additional MRSP which got resolved. However; i purchased my truck on September 15th and the dealer said they had one at there other dealership on the lot and would bring it in.

Sep 17th they call me and say that one is sold and they need to do a locate. To this date there has been no confirmation of a locate and now they are saying that the Truck has been found and they paid to bring it in.

Asked to cancel the deal and they said no and that I can be served with Papers should I not take posession.

Yeah, that's :censor:.  You can walk away from a deal.  If you've put down a deposit, you risk losing your deposit, but as far as I know, zero other repercussions for you to walk away.   The dealership is literally just trying to scare you into buying a car at this point, which is not a good way to do business.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 12:32:46 pm »

Which dealer ?

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 10:22:44 am »
Have you visited with your bat yet or are you waiting for the sale promotion?

Offline dc12345

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 07:44:54 am »
Have you visited with your bat yet or are you waiting for the sale promotion?

They miraculously located the truck when i placed a call into the general sales manger

Offline dc12345

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 07:46:15 am »

Yeah, that's :censor:.  You can walk away from a deal.  If you've put down a deposit, you risk losing your deposit, but as far as I know, zero other repercussions for you to walk away.   The dealership is literally just trying to scare you into buying a car at this point, which is not a good way to do business.

Ya they threatened serving me with papers but again somehow the truck came in.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 08:55:04 am »
I think this is all a big miscommunication issue...face to face conversations are the best to resolve this kind of situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 01:20:08 pm »
we are definitely only getting a part of the story here... I deal with this stuff daily, and the way I would describe some deals/customers vs the way they would describe me/the deal? VERY different.

here is me pretending to be the dealer in this case (so making up a few things and assuming some others)...

I have this customer who wants a hard to find truck. I get the numbers down to a point where they are happy and we get a deal, yay!... I get lucky and my other lot has one! sweet! after they give me the run-around for a couple days, it turns out they have it sold already... crap. might not matter now anyways, because the customer keeps calling me getting all crazy about not understanding the bill of sale that he signed and thinking I'm cheating him or something. I tell him i'll find one somewhere else and start doing a locate. there are a few out there, but being a big truck month, there aren't many and we aren't making any money on it, so the managers aren't prioritizing it. every place we call says they'll get back to us, but none ever do!!! arrghh! I'm still hoping we can make it happen, but the customer keeps calling me wondering how it's going... we're doing all we can, but he keeps wanting more info... I can't tell them where the trucks are (a. because you know he'll call them and once they get a call on it, i'll get "sorry, we have someone looking at it", and b. it could just mean i did the work for nothing if he gets it at their store). now he wants a time, but I just don't know! he thinks that isn't a goof enough answer, but I have nothing else I can give him unless I lie....

*edit: neglected to mention the whole "letting out" thing... if they are being douches and telling you that you have to take whatever they can give you... then they suck and you don't have to do it. now, if they in in the process of getting you exactly what you want, at the price you discussed... yeah, you signed a deal that says "all sales final" right above your signature likely. if you back out, they are entitled to either keep whatever part of your deposit they have spent to this point (or whatever should it be a truck they got that they don't want), or to try and get all they can out of you if you didn't give a deposit... if it's the latter, they will try to strong arm you into taking the truck as it's easier to give the customer something they obviously want over suing for damages just to :censor: everyone off.

basically, it sounds like you are a bit of an uninformed customer who is dealing with a new car salesperson who doesn't know how to handle you or a dealertrade.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 01:33:01 pm by tooscoops »
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now