Author Topic: First Drive: 2019 Cadillac XT4  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
Re: First Drive: 2019 Cadillac XT4
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 09:15:58 am »
I just think the XT4 is getting picked on unnecessarily when everything it's doing is already being done across the market. Further my guess is that it will probably sell really well.

Yep.
And god knows Cadillac could use something that sells really well.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 09:28:32 am »
I think they did a good job overall & this thing should do well for them! It's a good looking little rig and I'm sure a lot of people will scoop them up. I like the looks of this better than the X1, or Q3... but the XC-40 is a looker as well, so probably between those 2 for me if I HAD to pick  ;D

Overall this is too small for me & my needs, but I could easily see Bella driving something like this.
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 10:10:21 am »
I don't get the specific hate for this thing.

Other than Norm, who is a fool, this thing seems like it would check all the boxes for some suburban lady that wants a small "premium" SUV. My guess is I'll be seeing a lot of these in the road.

Well Chaos has ro hate it because it’s an SUV, others have to hate it because it’s GM, and itgers have to hate it because it’s got a 4 and is in the luxury segment...
I would be fine with it if GM didn't try and market it as "sporty" and "agile to drive" and other such BS. Also optioned it is very expensive.

I do agree with the line "a crossover made for a generation of crossovers" - too true and they should stick with that. It is what you really want, it will be selling like crazy because everyone drives a crossover of some kind, so just buy it already.

But you act like they're the only one that does this. How many :censor: vans and trucks and SUVs do you see with sport or sport packages. Also, I would submit that most luxury brand SUVs are expensive to option.

Now if you want to argue that your money is better spent on a Q3 or whatever that's fine but I feel like a lot of people are blaming Cadillac for basically doing the same thing everyone else is.

Honestly, for the woman that wants to sit high, doesn't want something too big, and wants good fuel economy this is going to fly of the shelves. Book it.
You know my scorn is segment-wide. Not just Caddy.

I am happy for them for jumping into the pool that just prints money for car companies. They deserve some cash flow.

I dunno who got it into everyone's heads that sitting high is superior or something...what happens when everyone is sitting high? You are just sitting normal now aren't you..  :P
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 10:33:14 am »
what happens when everyone is sitting high? You are just sitting normal now aren't you..  :P

Duh, we'll all be in driverless pods.   :)

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2018, 10:37:23 am »
what happens when everyone is sitting high? You are just sitting normal now aren't you..  :P

Duh, we'll all be in driverless pods.   :)