Author Topic: Test Drive: 2018 Nissan Titan SV Midnight Edition  (Read 6586 times)

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
Re: Test Drive: 2018 Nissan Titan SV Midnight Edition
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2018, 08:24:01 pm »
I really don't give a flying fack about pickup trucks, will never own one and can't understand someone wanting to daily drive such a beast just because.

That said, every time I see a Titan (not that often) it turns my head and I find myself thinking "cool ride". The rest of them? Just a boatload of 'meh'.

Now I do hope for Nissan's sake that their strongest demographic for consumer appeal isn't people who don't give a fack about trucks and will never buy one.  :)
i'm the same as you...then i saw this:

and now i want one...i can't give you any practical reason why...it won't fit in my garage...it isn't fuel efficient...i'd never tow, or likely haul much of anything with it...i don't really even need back seats (but would likely never buy a 2 seater anyway)...i am not a truck guy, nor do i need a truck...but dammit, i want this for no other reason than i like it...so kudos to FCA, because they've made a non-truck guy, and a non-FCA guy, want one of their trucks...i suppose one positive i'd get some street cred with Fob (assuming i opted for the locking rear diff  :P ).
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Nate4x4

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +9/-3
  • Vehicle Reader
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 94 Toyota Camry
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2018, 10:18:29 am »
I'm with you.

In fact whenever my eyes come across one of these I have to yell "RAM!" or else I'll keep staring.  :o

If you can't DODGE it, RAM IT!!!

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-773
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2018, 10:23:07 am »
I hate the chromed up ones but the Rebel and Sport look great in my opinion. But I think I still prefer the previous generation's styling.

Offline Nate4x4

• Learner's Permit
  • Vehicle Reader
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2018, 10:26:43 am »
Totally agree.

My favorite is still the 2017 Night Edition.

https://95octane.com/2017/04/08/2017-ram-1500-night-edition-crew-cab-review/

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2018, 10:55:56 am »
If you are going to get a Ram, at least get the good one

Right proper offroad pickup truck. Lockers, winch, rock rails, skidplates....mmmm.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Nate4x4

• Learner's Permit
  • Vehicle Reader
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 11:02:47 am »
If you are going to get a Ram, at least get the good one

Right proper offroad pickup truck. Lockers, winch, rock rails, skidplates....mmmm.

A beauty.
------------------
Ha ha...interesting how the subject has turned from Titan to Ram.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2018, 11:38:10 am »
I hate the chromed up ones but the Rebel and Sport look great in my opinion. But I think I still prefer the previous generation's styling.

Previous gen was a much better looking truck. These new ones are just so bland and overchromed on top trims. I'd definitely take a new Silverado or F150 over Ram, but to be honest they all make good trucks each with their own set of strengths.

New Tundra just around the corner too.

Offline Nate4x4

• Learner's Permit
  • Vehicle Reader
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2018, 11:47:43 am »

Previous gen was a much better looking truck. These new ones are just so bland and overchromed on top trims. I'd definitely take a new Silverado or F150 over Ram, but to be honest they all make good trucks each with their own set of strengths.

What do you think of the all-new Sierra?

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2018, 11:49:52 am »

It looks 1.134 billion times better than its Chevy counterpart.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2018, 11:58:22 am »
The new Ram is really nice, the new Silverado not so much (2002 called, they want their truck back), but that Sierra looks good. The Tundra's always been nice but it is getting long in the tooth. F-150 I tend to like depending on the grille but it also has had that same side profile since 2004.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2018, 12:01:53 pm »
Nissan is too hit and miss in the build quality department for me to consider many of their products.  As trucks go, I agree the Titan is good looking, but the long term prospects are too iffy for me.

Offline Nate4x4

• Learner's Permit
  • Vehicle Reader
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2018, 12:07:42 pm »

Not a trillion times?  ;D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2018, 12:12:35 pm »

I was trying to be nice.....  ;D

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2018, 12:30:54 pm »
I really don't give a flying fack about pickup trucks, will never own one and can't understand someone wanting to daily drive such a beast just because.

That said, every time I see a Titan (not that often) it turns my head and I find myself thinking "cool ride". The rest of them? Just a boatload of 'meh'.

Now I do hope for Nissan's sake that their strongest demographic for consumer appeal isn't people who don't give a fack about trucks and will never buy one.  :)
i'm the same as you...then i saw this:

and now i want one...i can't give you any practical reason why...it won't fit in my garage...it isn't fuel efficient...i'd never tow, or likely haul much of anything with it...i don't really even need back seats (but would likely never buy a 2 seater anyway)...i am not a truck guy, nor do i need a truck...but dammit, i want this for no other reason than i like it...so kudos to FCA, because they've made a non-truck guy, and a non-FCA guy, want one of their trucks...i suppose one positive i'd get some street cred with Fob (assuming i opted for the locking rear diff  :P ).

That'd be the one I'd get as well... maybe if they offer the diesel... hmmmmm  :think:
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Nate4x4

• Learner's Permit
  • Vehicle Reader
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2018, 12:34:34 pm »

I was trying to be nice.....  ;D

I can't stop laughing.  :rofl2:

Chevy: "Am I really that ugly?"  :-[

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2018, 01:10:35 pm »
Have yet to see a new Silverado in person. To many, pics don't do them justice and now that they are hitting dealers lots even the haters are changing their tune, I guess they look great in person. For me i'd take a new AT4 Sierra with the 6.2, but the more I see different Silverado trims the more I like it.

GM seemed to really nail the driving characteristics on these new trucks, some of the best chassis engineers live at GM. I also prefer the big V8 and 10 speed auto, plus all the towing features, cameras, heads up display, and so far so good real world f/e numbers hit my right buttons.

Going to try one when the hit lots in YYC.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2018, 01:15:26 pm »
This one calls my name.....

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2018, 02:47:23 pm »
In terms of truck for non truck people, I'd say Ram 1500 is second to Honda Ridgeline.

Offline Nate4x4

• Learner's Permit
  • Vehicle Reader
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2018, 03:00:59 pm »
In terms of truck for non truck people, I'd say Ram 1500 is second to Honda Ridgeline.

The Ridgeline is a SUV with the back cut off, I don't see how it has any resemblance to the Ram 1500.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2018, 03:18:33 pm »

The Ridgeline is a SUV with the back cut off, I don't see how it has any resemblance to the Ram 1500.
it's for "non-truck" people (like myself)...it's a truck, without any of the negatives of a truck...the Rebel is, in a way, similar...doesn't have the most power (F150), or payload/towing (i think the GM/Fords are a bit higher), or even the lowest prices...but it has the best ride, best interior, and can still do most "truck things"...it's like owning a really nice car, that happens to be a truck.