Author Topic: Test Drive: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited  (Read 19599 times)

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +269/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
Re: Test Drive: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2018, 05:09:48 pm »
Man, I wish I had a truck!!!

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2018, 05:10:51 pm »
It's fine to like them but if they're being daily driven then it's an unjustified source of excess C02 and overall emissions.  Modern cars are significantly more efficient and clean than modern trucks. There's no need.

Do you feel the same if it was an Audi R8?

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2018, 05:11:58 pm »
It probably irks him that I bought a minivan and have the 3rd row stowed 99% of the time... :rofl2:

That's what I did with my minivan, it was just a great big 4 or 5 seater wagon.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2018, 05:27:07 pm »
It's fine to like them but if they're being daily driven then it's an unjustified source of excess C02 and overall emissions.  Modern cars are significantly more efficient and clean than modern trucks. There's no need.

but an R8 is better than a truck in every single way except payload or towing (which the subject of tortoise's gripe are not doing anyway) - and has the added benefit of enriching fellow drivers' day as well with its beauty and soundtrack as it drives along...a truck is just a big loud brick that blocks all lines of sight, sticks into intersections, etc.

But hey, if you are using your truck for truck stuff - good on ya. You are a manly man doing manly things.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2018, 05:29:52 pm »

but an R8 is better than a truck in every single way except payload or towing (which the subject of tortoise's gripe are not doing anyway) - and has the added benefit of enriching fellow drivers' day as well with its beauty and soundtrack as it drives along...a truck is just a big loud brick that blocks all lines of sight, sticks into intersections, etc.

But hey, if you are using your truck for truck stuff - good on ya. You are a manly man doing manly things.

I think you missed the part about "then it's an unjustified source of excess C02 and overall emissions."

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2018, 05:32:27 pm »

I think you missed the part about "then it's an unjustified source of excess C02 and overall emissions."
I did not: in the case of the R8, the excess CO2 and emissions are certainly justified as you zip along shifting gear to your roaring V8 or V10. Especially justified if it is a manual  ;D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2018, 05:34:48 pm »

I can guarantee you it won't be enriching the day of anyone driving some sad sack commuter car when buddy guy goes by with that glorious V10 soundtrack. Only thing it will make them do is regret all their life decisions, ponder where they went wrong and go home and have an argument with their wife about how marriage has ruined their lives and how they could be in an R8 right now with their full head of hair blowing in the wind

*your experience may vary"
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2018, 05:35:53 pm »

Right, because an R8 is a much better family vehicle than a four door truck.  You sir, have to be the most judgemental person on this forum. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2018, 05:39:01 pm »

Right, because an R8 is a much better family vehicle than a four door truck.  You sir, have to be the most judgemental person on this forum.

I know when I was looking for a vehicle that could haul home improvement materials or 5 people and our 8000lb trailer the R8 was in the top three vehicles  ;D ;D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2018, 05:40:57 pm »

I think the R8 would be a stellar family vehicle!  Mainly because there would only be room for IQ and I!!  "Sorry, boy.  It only has 2 seats.  You'll have to stay home!"   :rofl: :rofl2:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2018, 05:50:48 pm »
I don't think this is even worth discussing anymore.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2018, 06:04:19 pm »

it is a nonsensical discussion that indeed has gotten a little out of hand

FYI just asked my next door neighbour, who also has a Porsche Boxter, why he has a Ram 1500 quad cab that he washes every day and never does any truck stuff with, he said "it is comfy and I like trucks"

so there, end of it

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2018, 06:11:55 pm »
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2018, 06:39:08 pm »
All this truck hatred is pissing me off.  I'm going to accelerate and brake excessively on the way home from work in spite of it.  Maybe even take the long route.  :P ;D

To be honest, I think its silly to own a truck just because you like trucks.  Cars (and CUVs) drive and ride so much better. But to each their own.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 06:40:56 pm by bridgecity »
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2018, 09:25:59 pm »

Good question.

Generally I don't. I have assumed that the R8 is not a year round daily driver.  And I've seen only a handful of R8s to date.

Also, holy crap the R8 is a pig on fuel.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2018, 09:29:58 pm »

Good question.

Generally I don't. I have assumed that the R8 is not a year round daily driver.  And I've seen only a handful of R8s to date.

Also, holy crap the R8 is a pig on fuel.

R8 is year round...AWD!!   ;D

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2018, 10:33:05 pm »
Chaos knows what he likes...and what the rest of us should like too.

Yep, that about sums it up perfectly. 

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2018, 06:14:32 am »
One day you will see! You will!

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2018, 10:09:04 am »
Chaos knows what he likes...and what the rest of us should like too.

Antarctica loses three trillion tonnes of ice in 25 years

Some people are looking at the big picture.

"No single drop of rain believes it has caused the flood."
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:10:52 am by Sir Osis of Liver »
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2018, 10:49:30 am »
Points taken AP. I was just adding perspective.

I don't have much fight in me today