Author Topic: Mr. White aka Bad Juju  (Read 11979 times)

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
Re: Mr. White aka Bad Juju
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2018, 04:15:32 pm »
Congrats Burger!   :cheers:

Definitely some nice shades of blue available these days.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2018, 04:26:52 pm »
Congrats man, thats a nice color of blue. I'm sure it will provide many years of dull and uneventful service  ;D
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +100/-104
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 GTI, 2024 Tiguan R-Line Black
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2018, 05:01:45 pm »
Congrats! Was driving one we have on competitor trade this week, identical in all aspects save for a beige interior. Very nice package, I enjoy the turbo engine and the suspension is perfectly judged.
Manual gearbox evangelist. Die-hard automotive and motorsport enthusiast. Often found covered in mud.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2018, 05:39:30 pm »
Congrats man, thats a nice color of blue. I'm sure it will provide many years of dull and uneventful service  ;D

:rofl:

Congrats, SHB.  A new car is a new car.  Celebrate!

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2018, 10:54:12 pm »
Congrats! I rarely see a blue CR-V on the road.  Most are black/white/grey.
Now you can wait for your golf to die so you can get a fun sporty car.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2018, 11:12:03 pm »
Congrats on the new vehicle.  It's a great choice and looks good!
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline SearhardBurger

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +28/-29
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 VW Golf City, 2018 Honda CR-V Touring, 2013 Buick Regal GS (RIP)
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2018, 12:51:38 pm »
Thanks everyone!

The colour is definitely something I was adamant about.  Didn’t want a grey scale colour.  So, the only other choices were red or blue, and obviously, I thought the blue looked better.

So far, it is checking all the boxes I was hoping to check off with this purchase.  It is way more comfortable than the Golf.  Will easily be able to fit a car seat in the back, even behind me.  And my wife and mom both love the comfort/convenience features, including a more agreeable entry/exit height for my mom.  The suspension is stiffer than an older CR-V I’ve been in, so this one feels more responsive than what I remember.

Let the brother-in-law drive it for a bit last night and he was very impressed with all the features it had.  Especially the panoramic sunroof.

One thing I forgot to mention in my initial post was that I had read quite a few reviews of the CR-V that expressed a distaste for the rims on the upper level trims.  I actually quite like them.

Coming from a 2009 Golf with the 2.slow, the CR-V is super quiet and “peppy”.  I will be interested to see our real world fuel economy.

As for buying a fun car when the Golf dies, I have a terrible feeling that because that is my plan, the :censor: Golf is going to last 10 more years!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2018, 01:42:28 pm »

As for buying a fun car when the Golf dies, I have a terrible feeling that because that is my plan, the :censor: Golf is going to last 10 more years!

I'll find your address and you'll wake up to that facker burnt to the ground...

I'm here to help!
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline SearhardBurger

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2018, 03:03:10 pm »

I'll find your address and you'll wake up to that facker burnt to the ground...

I'm here to help!

If you can vandalize the bomber ornaments in the yard, that’d be great too!

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2018, 10:03:53 pm »
Congrats from an ex-gen1 CR-V owner!

Drove a Touring last year when they came out, my tester was in that flashy orange metallic shade. The new CR-V feels refined and the interior has an upscale vibe. Doesn't drive "tall" from what I remember, which is good for those sporty car dream of yours  ;)

If you find that a control is in an odd location, go sit in a Rav4 and you will be cured of that feeling.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2018, 10:17:45 pm »
I'm guessing Molten Lava Pearl isn't a big seller in Hawaii right now.

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2018, 09:05:10 am »

Yeah, those old 2.0's are nearly indestructible, mostly because they're so understressed.  Plus, the City Golf was pretty bare bones, so not too many electronic doo-dads to go wrong.

You may just need to justify to your wife that you need to get rid of it in a few years.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2018, 09:48:05 am »

Yeah, those old 2.0's are nearly indestructible, mostly because they're so understressed.  Plus, the City Golf was pretty bare bones, so not too many electronic doo-dads to go wrong.

You may just need to justify to your wife that you need to get rid of it in a few years.
Best bet is to hope for a hail storm to write it off. The "2 point slow", will go forever, even if you don't maintain it well... don't bother even changing the oil anymore, it'll go 5yrs no problem, lol!!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2018, 02:53:06 pm »
Late to the party, but nice rig!
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline SearhardBurger

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2018, 03:01:23 pm »
Thanks!

Current favourite feature:  Memory seats!!  No more smashing my head or knee while getting into the car, and my wife doesnt have to "fall into the back seat" when she gets in either!  The settings are tied to our two fobs and the seat gets into position as the driver door is unlocked based on what fob was used to unlock it.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2018, 03:05:40 pm »
Thanks!

Current favourite feature:  Memory seats!!  No more smashing my head or knee while getting into the car, and my wife doesnt have to "fall into the back seat" when she gets in either!  The settings are tied to our two fobs and the seat gets into position as the driver door is unlocked based on what fob was used to unlock it.
Yea, my first car that had that was my Mark VIII.

It's fun to experience options you always thought you could live without then when you experience them first hand it's like "oh, this is nice..I could get used to this! "

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2018, 03:15:59 pm »
Thanks!

It's fun to experience options you always thought you could live without then when you experience them first hand it's like "oh, this is nice..I could get used to this! "

I've never tried Memory Seats, but seeing as my spouse and I share one vehicle, I always knew it would be something I would like/want.  I knew as far back as our Altima, and swore that our next vehicle would have that specific feature.  Unfortunately, when we got our van, budget and needs dictated that we bought a vehicle sans memory seats, therefore I'll need to wait for possibly our next vehicle before having them.

Luckily, with the van, the seat stays in the exact same position, and the only thing that changes is the steering wheel height and all the mirrors.  So, it turns out that we can do without memory seats for the time we have the van.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2018, 03:41:24 pm »
Thanks!

I've never tried Memory Seats, but seeing as my spouse and I share one vehicle, I always knew it would be something I would like/want.  I knew as far back as our Altima, and swore that our next vehicle would have that specific feature.  Unfortunately, when we got our van, budget and needs dictated that we bought a vehicle sans memory seats, therefore I'll need to wait for possibly our next vehicle before having them.

Luckily, with the van, the seat stays in the exact same position, and the only thing that changes is the steering wheel height and all the mirrors.  So, it turns out that we can do without memory seats for the time we have the van.
Memory seats also adjust mirrors and steering wheel  ;D
Best is duel zone climate control

Offline SearhardBurger

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 03:57:06 pm »
The Buick had dual zone climate control, so I've been used to that.  Memory seats are a different story.

Also, the CR-V memory seats don't adjust the steering column (it did in the Stinger).  The steering column adjustment is manual in the CR-V, but thankfully my wife is fine with the steering wheel position most comfortable for me, and so it never needs to be changed.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2018, 04:06:36 pm »
Thanks!

:pimp: