Author Topic: Genesis Prices G70 Sports Sedan  (Read 4247 times)

Offline SKYMTL

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +30/-77
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 BMW 440i, 2014 Mazda 3 GT Sport
Re: Genesis Prices G70 Sports Sedan
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2018, 08:54:37 am »
I wonder what the ETA is for proper Genesis dealers across Canada.  Not sure about you guys but the Hyundai dealers around here are terribly prepared to sell the Stinger, let alone something like this.

They never sell Stingers, that's a different manufacturer (Kia is often erroneously thought of as the same, granted).

Hyundai dealers, or at least selected ones, could easily sell and service Genesis properly. Its just that they decided to go a completely separate way and start from scratch with a separate "profit center". No preparation of consequence was done in the past with Hyundai dealers to sell and service Genesis.   

I was referring to the brand as a whole.  In my neck of the woods off the island of Montreal the Kia and Hundai dealers share a building.  ;) 

Offline SKYMTL

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2018, 08:57:58 am »
I wonder what the ETA is for proper Genesis dealers across Canada.  Not sure about you guys but the Hyundai dealers around here are terribly prepared to sell the Stinger, let alone something like this.

There will be two dedicated Genesis stores in the Montreal area by summer.

Do you have their locations? 

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +100/-104
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 GTI, 2024 Tiguan R-Line Black
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2018, 09:10:42 am »

One in Carrefour Laval opening late this month and one in Griffintown later this year.
Manual gearbox evangelist. Die-hard automotive and motorsport enthusiast. Often found covered in mud.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2018, 09:35:09 am »
I'm still disappointed that the Elite, being the sweet spot at $47k, lacks the HUD, requiring an additional $5k spend. That's a step jump.

Offline SKYMTL

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2018, 09:51:32 am »

One in Carrefour Laval opening late this month and one in Griffintown later this year.

Carrefour Laval is a great location but Griffintown....yikes.  Until the planned infrastructure updates, place looks like Baghdad after the second Gulf War but is a perfect place to hit the hipster crowd.   

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-773
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2018, 10:11:51 am »
I'm still disappointed that the Elite, being the sweet spot at $47k, lacks the HUD, requiring an additional $5k spend. That's a step jump.

$45.5k Sport has the HUD.  ;)

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-773
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2018, 10:12:40 am »

Carrefour Laval is a great location but Griffintown....yikes.  Until the planned infrastructure updates, place looks like Baghdad after the second Gulf War but is a perfect place to hit the hipster crowd.   

Parts of Griffintown are quite nice though. I think it's smart to get into a neighbourhood like that early.

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +85/-815
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Mazda CX-30 GS FWD - Snowflake white
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2018, 11:34:30 am »
May 2nd

http://driving.ca/genesis/g70/reviews/road-test/first-drive-2019-genesis-g70

"but the fact it sports a chassis that outperforms the very best the Germans have to offer is the real reason you’ll want a Genesis. Be a brand slave all you want, but never believe that you German touring sedan handles or rides better."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:36:55 am by conwelpic »

Offline SKYMTL

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2018, 12:36:49 pm »
After seeing one in person, the only thing I don't like about it is the front grille.  I think it needs to be much denser to avoid showing off so much of the radiator.