Author Topic: Am I missing anything?  (Read 20328 times)

ltruong

Re: Am I missing anything?
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2018, 09:24:30 pm »
Sportwagen comfortline awd 6speed is my guess
When we bought ours I was 29 and my wife 25.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2018, 09:43:33 pm »
Indeed under 30k.
Another Mexico car.
4wd and quieter this time. Bigger too.
I’m probably the only under 30 station wagon owner ever.

Signed pending insurance.

This is what I  bought at 23 ,1980 Plymouth volare 

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2018, 10:56:38 pm »
Well I'm not 23 anymore but waayy  closer to that than 30  ;D. Maybe I should say the only one born post 1990 with a station wagon?

In any case I'm pumped. Dark blue six speed manual golf sportwagen 4motion. Trendline not comfortline (sorry wongpong). VW finally includes auto headlights in the base model. Has carplay too. What else could I need?

Test drove my future car today in the snow. I'm very excited. Now to wait for the bureaucracy.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:03:35 pm by pi314 »

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2018, 11:05:11 pm »
He also said twice as much, didn't he? Maybe an e-Golf?

e-golf allocation is done for 2019 models even. I did want one.
My buddy came with me, and he drives a Focus EV. Salesman let us try the Golf EV today (they have a demo for a car they can't sell, go figure  ::)) so it was neat to compare the two.

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2018, 11:06:52 pm »
Well I'm not 23 anymore but waayy  closer to that than 30  ;D. Maybe I should say the only one born post 1990 with a station wagon?

In any case I'm pumped. Dark blue six speed manual golf sportwagen 4motion. Trendline not comfortline (sorry wongpong). VW finally includes auto headlights in the base model. Has carplay too. What else could I need?

Test drove my future car today in the snow. I'm very excited. Now to wait for the bureaucracy.

Congrats sir. Did you get the beige or black interior? The black looks like a coal mine inside IMO, whereas the beige works beautifully with dark blue.

Am I the only one that didn't know the Golf Wagon came with AWD AND manual?? I thought it it was the Alltrack only.

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2018, 11:14:04 pm »

Congrats sir. Did you get the beige or black interior? The black looks like a coal mine inside IMO, whereas the beige works beautifully with dark blue.

Am I the only one that didn't know the Golf Wagon came with AWD AND manual?? I thought it it was the Alltrack only.
Thanks!

Coal mine. I don't mind that colour. There was an extra $1000 off for vehicles they had on the lot. They also had a black but I asked for a car in a colour, not a shade :P.  I also don't like the transition from beige to black plastic on the beige interiors. Moreover, beige stains easier.

The 4motion is available in every combination for the sportwagen. That is new for 2018 I believe. It's a $1500 premium which IMO is very reasonable. I've barely driven AWD vehicles before but I now get the hype.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:23:42 pm by pi314 »

ltruong

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2018, 01:24:58 am »

Congratulations!  And it’s the best for a camping vehicle.  Me and my wife slept in the back couple time haha.  When the family grew we bought a cargo box with cross rail.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2018, 06:49:35 am »

Thanks!

Coal mine. I don't mind that colour. There was an extra $1000 off for vehicles they had on the lot. They also had a black but I asked for a car in a colour, not a shade :P.  I also don't like the transition from beige to black plastic on the beige interiors. Moreover, beige stains easier.

The 4motion is available in every combination for the sportwagen. That is new for 2018 I believe. It's a $1500 premium which IMO is very reasonable. I've barely driven AWD vehicles before but I now get the hype.
:fiver:

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2018, 06:59:10 am »

Congrats sir. Did you get the beige or black interior? The black looks like a coal mine inside IMO,

The black interior isn't as bad on the trendline because the silver trim brightens things up. On the Highline (and GTI) they use piano black trim that doesn't look as good IMO.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +256/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2018, 07:59:24 am »

Congrats sir. Did you get the beige or black interior? The black looks like a coal mine inside IMO,

The black interior isn't as bad on the trendline because the silver trim brightens things up. On the Highline (and GTI) they use piano black trim that doesn't look as good IMO.

I drove a Trendline and a Highline back to back a couple weeks ago and I thought the trim in the HL was a lot nicer.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2018, 09:31:43 am »
Beauty, pi!  Perfect choice for you!

Can't believe a Trendline is almost $30k, but I shouldn't be surprised - all cars these days are expensive :(

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2018, 09:39:10 am »

Can't believe a Trendline is almost $30k, but I shouldn't be surprised - all cars these days are expensive :(

$27,340 with freight and PDI which seems pretty reasonable for an AWD wagon. Minus whatever discount you can get.

Online JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2018, 09:43:33 am »

Thanks!

I think we'd all love to hear what sold you on the Golf over all the other vehicles you've been looking at.  How does it compare to the Fit you're replacing?

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2018, 09:46:01 am »

Congratulations!  And it’s the best for a camping vehicle.  Me and my wife slept in the back couple time haha.  When the family grew we bought a cargo box with cross rail.

Congrats! Golf wagon trendline was our first choice when shopping for the Mazda6, but pricing made the 6 an easier decision.  Great choice!

Van is the best camping vehicle, wagon 2nd best...

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2018, 09:52:11 am »
Congrats 𝛑  :D
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2018, 09:53:31 am »

$27,340 with freight and PDI which seems pretty reasonable for an AWD wagon. Minus whatever discount you can get.
I don't disagree - it was more a statement regarding the price of cars generally - not that it's unreasonable, just that I want to pay less (when I eventually have to pay for one :P).

I looked at it, and the only thing missing in the Trendline I can see is the pano roof (and I would like LED lights, but not necessary).  I'd probably get the Comfortline with lighting package.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2018, 10:03:50 am »
Well we all want to pay less.  :P

The thing that kills me about the TL/CL is the fact that the HL has the same seats as the GTI/R which are so freaking nice.

Edit: Not that the TL/CL seats are bad. They're perfectly fine. Just not as nice as the HL's.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:08:08 am by OliverD »

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2018, 10:12:21 am »
I just find the jump in price between trims with VW to be pricey with not much gained (e.g. it's $2,800 to move from TL to CL in pi's wagon, but the only desirable thing is the pano roof - perhaps the leatherette - otherwise, who cares).  Between the CL and HL, the only thing I would really care for would be dual zone climate control...I'm sure other things included are nice, but not worth the price.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2018, 10:15:31 am »
Yeah, the differences are a bit pricey.

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2018, 10:44:42 am »

I looked at it, and the only thing missing in the Trendline I can see is the pano roof (and I would like LED lights, but not necessary).  I'd probably get the Comfortline with lighting package.

There have been many complaints about leaking pano-roofs on the mk7 golf.  I would expect that the issue is resolved on the 2018's but I like the comfort of knowing there is less to go wrong.

In 2016 you could get the Fender Stereo and the lighting package (with roof) on the CL.  That trim made a lot of sense. .

By the way, you can fit 15" wheels on the GSW making winters really affordable.  From Costco the WS-80's were ~$500 installed taxes in.