Author Topic: 2019 Toyota Rav4  (Read 60014 times)

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-384
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Re: 2019 Toyota Rav4
« Reply #240 on: February 04, 2019, 04:36:23 pm »
Saw a 2019 Rav4 on the freeway today, looks so good.

When will you fix your avatar? The pic is blank on my side.  ;)

Better?  :-*

No but whatever floats your boat  ;D
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 16, 2019, 08:05:55 pm »
Euro model Hybrid. Unfortunately they don't know if it's a FWD or AWD as there are two models available over there  :rofl2:
In any case the drive begins at 26 min and the engine, cabin and road noise could be heard. The verdict? NICE  :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0pcYRFlLe0

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-98
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2019, 02:47:45 pm »
Finally saw the Trail trim in person at the Autoshow.... I could not believe that the door panels in a $41K car, in the second last highest trim, are still hard plastic top-to bottom (except for the arm rest) and all around....Left kind of disappointed to be honest.... I'm really trying to like this car as it seems a rational option for my next purchase, but it gets harder and harder with each encounter... And this was not the only cheap feeling part of the interior...

I recall watching/reading many (I should say all) reviews from the California press event last Nov and they were all praising the improved interior quality and how improved it is over the outgoing model.... The old version must've been really bad or the wine and cheese at the upscale resort was really good and they did not want to get uninvited next time....

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 13, 2019, 10:38:49 am »
Saw a Limited Hybrid on 401 yesterday, in the same silver colour.

Real world off road test of the Rav Hybrid. I think what it needed most is proper tires. Nonetheless, very impressive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdjb8CrAA6w

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #244 on: July 13, 2019, 02:13:20 pm »
Real world off road test of the Rav Hybrid. I think what it needed most is proper tires. Nonetheless, very impressive.
that's the beauty of "real world" testing...in the real world, these things rarely leave the pavement, and if they do, it's a gravel road or the lawn at the park as its most challenging drive.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2019, 03:27:20 pm »
that's the beauty of "real world" testing...in the real world, these things rarely leave the pavement, and if they do, it's a gravel road or the lawn at the park as its most challenging drive.
While the above is true, the most "off-road" happens in snowstorms when you need to get uphill. Having good constant hp and torque at the rear axle is a big plus which is also nice to find out before buying a car, so that's when these tests come in useful.

On-road drive of an XSE hybrid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxGfM6SHnKc

ltruong

« Reply #246 on: July 13, 2019, 03:33:41 pm »
I see a ton of these. They are everywhere already and they looks really good both  trail edition& limited

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #247 on: July 14, 2019, 08:43:15 pm »
I see a ton of these. They are everywhere already and they looks really good both  trail edition& limited

No kidding, wow, the new RAV must be selling like nuts.  Traffic is filled with them already.

Offline Robin2

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +4/-9
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Subaru WRX, 2011 Subaru WRX sedan, 1999 Subaru Impreza RS, 1992 Mazda 323
« Reply #248 on: July 15, 2019, 08:39:23 am »
And they are.... hybrid came out much later in production and they're way behind.

We test drove a base LE hybrid and it was ok but to buy..... 8 month wait list!  crazy.

If we buy one, it will be XLE hybrid. 

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 15, 2019, 09:44:11 am »
And they are.... hybrid came out much later in production and they're way behind.

We test drove a base LE hybrid and it was ok but to buy..... 8 month wait list!  crazy.

If we buy one, it will be XLE hybrid.
i like them, especially the hybrid, but i'm just not sure i'd spring the extra cash over a loaded Soul (for what i need).

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #250 on: July 15, 2019, 11:23:31 pm »
We rented an LE over the weekend to get a better idea of what it is like

-seems like a lot of car for the money, with the seat heaters, blind spot detection, radar cruise, auto stop, carplay, 8 airbags. Some nice extra touches like indicator mirrors

-the rear view screen is not that visible in some lighting, but does have the predictive lines and a wide/close setting. Also seems to have park sensors backing up

-the bulky hood is not so bad for my wife if the seat is up at the top, but the steering wheel is then too upright and the armrests are out of reach

-leaving the seat up all the way as my wife had it, still had a couple inches headroom for me

-back seat had tons of knee room, but seemed a bit low

-engine gravelly pulling away, but quiet at speed. Not slow, but the hybrid had a lot more get up and go

-seats seem comfortable to me, she finds them hard. Would know more on a long trip

-the cubbies in the dash are a great idea, but finished in hard plastic and everything in them skitters around

Overall, thought it was an amazing deal at around thirty grand, but we'd go for the hybrid if we go this way

Why the engine is a bit noisy, no hood pad!:

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 16, 2019, 12:39:36 am »
We rented an LE over the weekend to get a better idea of what it is like

-seems like a lot of car for the money, with the seat heaters, blind spot detection, radar cruise, auto stop, carplay, 8 airbags. Some nice extra touches like indicator mirrors

-the rear view screen is not that visible in some lighting, but does have the predictive lines and a wide/close setting. Also seems to have park sensors backing up

-the bulky hood is not so bad for my wife if the seat is up at the top, but the steering wheel is then too upright and the armrests are out of reach

-leaving the seat up all the way as my wife had it, still had a couple inches headroom for me

-back seat had tons of knee room, but seemed a bit low

-engine gravelly pulling away, but quiet at speed. Not slow, but the hybrid had a lot more get up and go

-seats seem comfortable to me, she finds them hard. Would know more on a long trip

-the cubbies in the dash are a great idea, but finished in hard plastic and everything in them skitters around

Overall, thought it was an amazing deal at around thirty grand, but we'd go for the hybrid if we go this way

A rental already hey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7218
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 16, 2019, 01:07:21 am »

A rental already hey?

Not sure what you mean....rental companies add to their fleets with new cars all the time.....

Won't be long before new RAVs and Corollas are everywhere at rental places.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +257/-777
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #253 on: July 16, 2019, 07:28:14 am »

A rental already hey?

Not sure what you mean....rental companies add to their fleets with new cars all the time.....

Yes but manufacturers don't tend to dump brand new, in-demand models into fleets.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 16, 2019, 09:00:12 am »

A rental already hey?

Yes but manufacturers don't tend to dump brand new, in-demand models into fleets.

That’s what surprised me...I read things like ‘short supply’ online, turn around and Toyota already sold some as rental units?! Hmmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2019, 09:43:36 am »
The Hybrid is in short supply. Regular RAV production is meeting demand.

The Hybrids pricing is going to make getting one potentially difficult. It’s easily the best value RAV. There are some production limitations not faces by the standard RAV.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2019, 10:19:56 am »

A rental already hey?

That’s what surprised me...I read things like ‘short supply’ online, turn around and Toyota already sold some as rental units?! Hmmmmmmm
the LE is the base trim...and most rental places carry a variety of vehicles to satisfy a wide range of customers...if your Toyota is in the shop because it was in an accident, it's nice to have a Toyota as a rental since you're familiar with it...this isn't new.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2019, 10:24:15 am »

i don't think the hood insulator would do much for sound intrusion into the cabin...you would need insulation on the firewall area for that, since it's the only "wall" between the engine compartment and the interior...also, most hood blankets are for fire suppression or to prevent excessive heat from damaging the hood over time.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2019, 11:51:21 am »
The hybrid has the hood pad, and it is a fair bit quieter. Then again, the engine does not have to work as hard of the line either as the electric kicks in off the bat

Anyway it was very likeable generally, I could certainly get used to it.

Seemed quite similar to the CRV as far as size and driving dynamics went

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-98
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #259 on: July 16, 2019, 12:20:09 pm »

A rental already hey?

I would look at it as good and cheap marketing tool unless it's done in large volume to boost sales numbers which probably Toyota doesn't need to for this one.