Author Topic: Test Drive: 2017 Kia Sedona SX+  (Read 730 times)

Offline AutoTrader.ca

• Administrator
  • Carma: +14/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car
Test Drive: 2017 Kia Sedona SX+
« on: May 18, 2017, 09:00:01 am »
Spacious and value packed
Read more...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
Re: Test Drive: 2017 Kia Sedona SX+
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 12:41:46 pm »
It’s important to note that one of these, the vehicle stability management system, is not standard on all trims; it only becomes available at SX+.
There's still some sort of traction control lower down the trim-line, no?

It's funny - my 2010 Mazda 3 GX doesn't have any traction control - that was only available in GS trims and higher. I thought the days of manufacturers making consumers pay more for baseline safety was behind us...It's not like "vehicle stability management" is some crazy suite of safety nannies or automation, after all.  That sounds chintzy to me to make it standard in SX+ and higher only in 2017.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
Re: Test Drive: 2017 Kia Sedona SX+
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 01:28:46 pm »
It’s important to note that one of these, the vehicle stability management system, is not standard on all trims; it only becomes available at SX+.
There's still some sort of traction control lower down the trim-line, no?

It's funny - my 2010 Mazda 3 GX doesn't have any traction control - that was only available in GS trims and higher. I thought the days of manufacturers making consumers pay more for baseline safety was behind us...It's not like "vehicle stability management" is some crazy suite of safety nannies or automation, after all.  That sounds chintzy to me to make it standard in SX+ and higher only in 2017.
they all have traction control, but VSM is only available on the upper trims...honestly, seems like an odd choice...i can't imagine that software feature is that expensive that it can't be standard on every trim...in fact, i just assumed every vehicle had it nowadays...that's a dumb choice not to include it...it should be standard, period.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.