Author Topic: First Drive: 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe  (Read 6760 times)

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
Re: First Drive: 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2017, 07:28:55 pm »
that is something I am working on

but why do I care? Because these endless variations on a useless CUV are ruining the auto industry. People that buy them are just enabling the manufacturers to keep building them, to keep marginalizing normal cars for R&D and showroom space...I have said all this before...just look at auto shows, showrooms, etc. to see their effect. It is getting worse by the year.

Meh, again, I am screaming to the abyss. My hate for these things will never subside, but I can learn to accept that people will like them...for whatever reason.

Give me time, I will try.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2017, 08:54:03 pm »

but why do I care? Because these endless variations on a useless CUV are ruining the auto industry. People that buy them are just enabling the manufacturers to keep building them, to keep marginalizing normal cars for R&D and showroom space...I have said all this before...just look at auto shows, showrooms, etc. to see their effect. It is getting worse by the year.

Meh, again, I am screaming to the abyss. My hate for these things will never subside, but I can learn to accept that people will like them...for whatever reason.

I agree but give it up . It is futile. :)

By the way that Toyota  C-HR in another thread  is a real looker as well. :stick:
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2017, 09:10:25 pm »

I agree but give it up . It is futile. :)

By the way that Toyota  C-HR in another thread  is a real looker as well. :stick:

:stfu: :P

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2017, 09:24:29 am »

For me, there is one primary benefit of this class of vehicles. 

Driving down the street yesterday behind an X6 - and I chuckle as I am reminded how SirO is quietly raging on the inside, 250 km away!  ;D
This post made my day!!