Author Topic: Faraday No Longer Far Away  (Read 4774 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Faraday No Longer Far Away
« on: January 05, 2016, 05:54:18 pm »

Faraday Future has officially put their plan to eventually produce EVs out in the open. Starting with the Batmobile-looking FFZero1 concept.
Read More...

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Re: Faraday No Longer Far Away
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 06:36:33 pm »
FF should be put in the Aptera binder but I see Sabrina's avatar which is nice  :D
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline SabrinaGiacomini

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +5/-21
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hyundai Veloster
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 07:43:52 am »
Another ridiculous concept with a lot of promises and no real targets.   Ok.  Whatever.  Wake me up when they want to show us a production ready vehicle.

It does feel like the company might invest in some technology development and research that they will end up selling to an established manufacturer. Considering the concept can't even be driven at the time being, all the specs they announced are pretty much baloney right now. I can draw a car and decide it will do the 0-100 in 1.4 seconds and produce 1 million hp. 

That being said, I think they wanted an eye-catching design to get people talking. The real star of the show was their variable platform that will adapt to any layout and powertrain. And the fact that they plan to build a facility. I guess that's the right place to start if you're ever going to build anything. But I'm thinking mostly limited production, exclusive and expensive models...

Offline SabrinaGiacomini

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 03:40:39 pm »
it's just that they, and it seems everybody else, are promising a lot right at the time 2 automakers are putting their money where their mouths are.  Chevy and Hyundai.  the bolt production vehicle is here, and the ionic is about to be shown.  i'd say the hyundai will have over 200 mile range as well.   listening the VW, Audi, Tesla, BMW and faraday future talk about two, three or four years from now is becoming tedious. 

i think they realized they better show something soon that looks like it's viable given the sceptical reception it received.

Agreed. A "here you go" is worth a whole lot more than "we're working on it and will come up with a solution in a few years". I guess they're trying to show that they're trying to be on top of how quickly the technologies evolve.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 04:51:48 pm »
I can draw a car and decide it will do the 0-100 in 1.4 seconds and produce 1 million hp. 
Do it.  I'll invest with SirO as my guarantor ;D

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 11:34:25 am »
All we need, another extravagant electric car that few will purchase.

Want to do something incredible how about functional electric cars for the masses !!!
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 12:59:04 pm »
I can draw a car and decide it will do the 0-100 in 1.4 seconds and produce 1 million hp. 

:pimp:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline SabrinaGiacomini

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 06:15:50 am »

lolz, I'll take my box of Crayolas and a piece of paper and get on it! We's gonna rich.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 07:02:26 am »

:pimp:
..............................They have a CENTRAL BANK in Regina :rofl:
Time is to stop everything happening at once