Author Topic: FCA, Mitsubishi, Audi, and GM issue latest vehicle recalls  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
FCA, Mitsubishi, Audi, and GM issue latest vehicle recalls
« on: December 15, 2015, 03:47:53 pm »
Any excuse to put a photo of the Mirage on the site
Read More...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
Re: FCA, Mitsubishi, Audi, and GM issue latest vehicle recalls
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 11:31:12 am »
I'm quite happy that these recalls are affecting fewer and fewer vehicles (i.e. the problems are being caught/admitted to sooner). 

It just amazes me how many cars are not designed with salt/corrosion in mind.

It amazes me more that 6 cars could have a module installed improperly, or that seat welding could be improper.  Speaks to quality control, I'd say.

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 01:22:58 pm »
I find this one interesting:

Our last notification is not quite a recall, but could be more aptly called a customer satisfaction campaign. FCA is asking more than 17,000 owners of Fiat 500s from 2012 through 2015 to bring their cars in to fix reverse lights that take too long to turn on when the car is shifted into reverse. Dealers will update the automatic transmission control software so that the backup lights turn on sooner. Transport Canada says this voluntary program is “not being conducted under the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act.”

I'm don't know about most people, but I don't believe I can see the reverse lights when I get ready to back up.   
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo......   how do people know it's "taking too long" to go on?
interesting....

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 01:30:51 pm »
I find this one interesting:

Our last notification is not quite a recall, but could be more aptly called a customer satisfaction campaign. FCA is asking more than 17,000 owners of Fiat 500s from 2012 through 2015 to bring their cars in to fix reverse lights that take too long to turn on when the car is shifted into reverse. Dealers will update the automatic transmission control software so that the backup lights turn on sooner. Transport Canada says this voluntary program is “not being conducted under the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act.”

I'm don't know about most people, but I don't believe I can see the reverse lights when I get ready to back up.   
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo......   how do people know it's "taking too long" to go on?
interesting....

How can FCA manage to screw up something as simple as back up lights?!?!?!? That to me is a much bigger question, if they cannot be trusted to make the back up lights turn on, how can they be trusted to engineer an engine, brakes, suspension, safety systems?!?!?!?!?  ::)
Lighten up Francis.....