Author Topic: Preview: 2017 Ford Escape  (Read 9969 times)

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
Re: Preview: 2017 Ford Escape
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2015, 12:46:31 pm »
We have a 2015 loaner this week with an e-brake. The e-brake comes on every time the car is put in park but does not go off when you shift in any gear. This is very annoying; why didn't Chrysler program it so it stays on if you choose to apply until you release it and it comes on and off as the gear selector is moved??
Que?

I think it's obvious he meant to say he doesn't have a loaner from Ford

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:50:49 pm by Tauri13 »

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2015, 12:50:29 pm »
I never thought that the old Focus/Escape front end looked that good. We seem to be getting a lot of positive reaction to the new Edge styling so this one will probably be more popular too.

The one feature of the interior that I really dislike is that the touchscreen is deeply inset in that binnacle. From the driver's seat I can't see the bottom left corner and I find it very awkward touching the lower portion of the screen. The newer interiors like the Edge and the Linclon MKC have a flush screen which is much better to use.

And as far as the parking brake, meh, I bet the vast majority of auto-equipped CUV drivers have never used their park brake, ever.

I like the Edge's design...my biggest grip with the Escape now is that the back end looks too Japanese!...they should have made it more like the Edge instead of attempting - and failing - to copy the Explorer.
Ford is being eaten alive in the US small CUV market - they lost the 1st place in sales this year to the Honda CRV and the Toyota RAV4 is about 80 units from taking 2nd place. I suspect this light refresh won't help sales...

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2015, 12:54:18 pm »
I never thought that the old Focus/Escape front end looked that good. We seem to be getting a lot of positive reaction to the new Edge styling so this one will probably be more popular too.

The one feature of the interior that I really dislike is that the touchscreen is deeply inset in that binnacle. From the driver's seat I can't see the bottom left corner and I find it very awkward touching the lower portion of the screen. The newer interiors like the Edge and the Linclon MKC have a flush screen which is much better to use.

And as far as the parking brake, meh, I bet the vast majority of auto-equipped CUV drivers have never used their park brake, ever.

I like the Edge's design...my biggest grip with the Escape now is that the back end looks too Japanese!...they should have made it more like the Edge instead of attempting - and failing - to copy the Explorer.
Ford is being eaten alive in the US small CUV market - they lost the 1st place in sales this year to the Honda CRV and the Toyota RAV4 is about 80 units from taking 2nd place. I suspect this light refresh won't help sales...

The rear end hasn't changed. Or are you saying they copied the Explorer back in 2013? I can't say I see the resemblance.
"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2015, 02:37:36 pm »
No the new system is from QNX (Blackberry) and is not Android base.

I like the slightly restyled exterior design. I always find strange that the Escape has a much better gauge cluster than the Edge, even after the Edge was updated. Ford had adopted a corporate strategy for the front end design but it should do the same with the Ford instrument clusters because they are all over the map currently  (and not emulate the Edge/Fusion for God's sakes).
This is what happens when you have Ford Europe versus Ford USA doing the main design. The Ford C1 platform done in Köln, the CD4 platform done in 'murrrica. The cluster in the Ford C1 works great, clean, easy-to-read (admittedly, I only have metric in the instrument cluster so no clutter), and the navigation is articulate and precise. When I had the Mondeo with the TFT instrument panel, it was fancy-looking but too complicated, not quite so easy to read, and the navigation was not as precise.

I don't know why Ford wants to mess with the suspension tuning on the Escape though, it works out great here. I like the way it rides and handles.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2015, 02:45:23 pm »

The rear end hasn't changed. Or are you saying they copied the Explorer back in 2013? I can't say I see the resemblance.

^^^ it looks different and generic compared to the 2013...!

2013 Escape:

2017 Escape:

2015 Subaru Forester:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 02:47:09 pm by Tauri13 »

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2015, 03:02:23 pm »
^^ Ok, yes, the tail light and licence plate area is slightly different. But the the glass, lower facia, shape and side profile is exactly the same. I guess you see it as a more dramatic change than I do.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2015, 03:03:33 pm »
Wow, amazing what a difference changing out the tail lights can do!  ::)

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2015, 03:10:57 pm »
^^ Ok, yes, the tail light and licence plate area is slightly different. But the the glass, lower facia, shape and side profile is exactly the same. I guess you see it as a more dramatic change than I do.

yup to me it was change for the sake of change...the european mags were circulating a much better upgrade - and very Ford like in my opinion.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:13:15 pm by Tauri13 »

Offline Benhaze

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +29/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 06:29:18 am »
We have a 2015 loaner this week with an e-brake. The e-brake comes on every time the car is put in park but does not go off when you shift in any gear. This is very annoying; why didn't Chrysler program it so it stays on if you choose to apply until you release it and it comes on and off as the gear selector is moved??
Que?

Ooops... It is a 2015 200...