Author Topic: Test Drive: 2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack  (Read 8169 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Test Drive: 2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
« on: November 05, 2015, 06:31:16 am »

Heavily-updated Challenger maintains rough-and-tumble feel, offers value firepower with new Scat Pack model.
Read More...

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
Re: Test Drive: 2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 07:39:38 am »
There's just something about the R/T Scat Pack dodges that speak to me.  Definitely the best looking muscle car out of the three (although it's hard to call the Mustang or new Camero muscle cars anymore).  I like that it's a true grand tourer and straight line missle.  It offers a bit more practicality than the Mustang and Camero with more space inside and in the boot.  Plus to my ears it sounds the best.

If the deal on my Golf R fell through this was going to be heavily considered.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 08:36:03 am »
Justin, I've seen plenty of your vids, they're all time informative covering all corners and maybe a little utilitarian, but this one is different. The difference was the look in your face, the look of bravado as in F#$k Ya I'm driving an iconic muscle car, but she's new and for a moment I'm a teenager again, someone please test me at a stop light.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 11:16:04 am by redman »
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline vasyapirh

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +5/-6
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 94 Lumina Z34, 90 Mazda 626, 92 Mazda Protege, 2004 Civic, 2013 MINI cooper, 2015 Caravan
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 08:42:27 am »
R/T Scat Pack Dodge is what i'd pick over similar Mustang and Camaro...
I need a bigger garage...

Offline greengs

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +26/-57
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 BRZ
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 09:56:19 am »
I'll take one in black  :o

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 03:15:54 pm »
nah, black is too subtle... gotta go crazy with these things...

nice car. wish we could stock them, but so many packages makes it nearly impossible.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +257/-776
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 03:16:49 pm »
The article refers to revisions for 2016 but everything that was mentioned was new for 2015.

Online revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-330
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 04:38:05 pm »
I can't stand the styling of these cars. The proportions look weird, wide hips and  pinched in at the bottom. To me, it's the automotive version of a very fat woman squeezing into a itty bitty pair of high heels. Yuck.

Camaro or Mustang for me thanks......

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 04:56:22 pm »
I'm more interested in the fact that this comes with the 392.  In my mind, this version of the car is more what that engine is meant for.  It's not a track car, it's a smoky burnout, stoplight revving monster of a machine.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 04:58:33 pm »
I can't stand the styling of these cars. The proportions look weird, wide hips and  pinched in at the bottom. To me, it's the automotive version of a very fat woman squeezing into a itty bitty pair of high heels. Yuck.

i used to think that about the challenger.  maybe not quite in as graphic a manner as you, though...  ;D
i would just think it looks ungainly, but then......  somehow, i grew to like this look.

to me, this is more organic and natural look compared to Camaro's slit windows, ugly tail.

this is a cruiser to Camaro's Ponycar. 

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline greengs

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +26/-57
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 BRZ
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 09:27:19 am »
To me Challenger does the retro styling best out of the 3 (Mustang and Camaro).  Those other two look good too, but there is something about the Dodge that makes me want one.  It's too heavy, bad on gas but damn I want one.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 11:26:00 am »

Styling is so subjective.  That visual has never entered my mind when I look at the Challenger.  To the contrary, I think styling is one of the Challenger's biggest strengths.

Well, there's at least one thing we agree on. I really like the look of these things.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 12:57:02 pm »

Styling is so subjective.  That visual has never entered my mind when I look at the Challenger.  To the contrary, I think styling is one of the Challenger's biggest strengths.

Well, there's at least one thing we agree on. I really like the look of these things.

Hey, you and I agree on a wide range of things, just not anything to do with politics, government, taxes, income inequality or religion.  Other than those miniscule and neatly contained topics, we're practically philosophical twins.

:rofl2:

Offline Arctic_White

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +18/-1483
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 02:44:23 pm »

Hey, you and I agree on a wide range of things, just not anything to do with politics, government, taxes, income inequality or religion.  Other than those miniscule and neatly contained topics, we're practically philosophical twins.

:rofl2:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Love the car; dislike its looks.  I'd still strongly consider it were I in the market for this type of a vehicle.