Author Topic: Test Drive: 2015 Chrysler 300C  (Read 16199 times)

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
Test Drive: 2015 Chrysler 300C
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2015, 10:48:57 pm »

Oh come on, pulling up to the school to drop your kids off or into the parking lot at work leaning on the rev limiter on full oppo would be an amazingly good time!!!!

WHAT??!! Here in Calgary school zones are 30km. and run from 7:30 am to 9pm. They are about to make all school zones playground zones meaning all schools will be 30km. 7:30 am - 9 pm  seven days a week, 365 days a year. Someone's idea of keeping us all safe...

Cash grab...that's all it is. Same thing in Winnipeg...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vanstar

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +40/-236
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Acura TL, 2015 Kia Rio5
Re: Test Drive: 2015 Chrysler 300C
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2015, 01:43:42 pm »
I had one of these as a rental when I was back east this summer, and it was a scream to burn around it. The big V-8 experience was pure nostalgia, and this car is plenty potent.

Which is kind of the issue. If one were to stomp a 300C for ten, yes, ten seconds, one would be in going to jail and having car seized territory. It was totally frustrating to be unable to unleash the beast that resides, and yes, the car has a nice appetite for fuel.

The only really stellar point I found in the 300C was the engine, which simply rocks. It is the last of a breed and that makes it a lot of fun. The gun-slit windows would be a deal-breaker for me right there, but I suppose many modern cars share bad visibility.
I'd never join a group that would have me as a member.