Author Topic: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles workers approve new four-year contract  (Read 3631 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Four-year deal avoids a strike
Read More...

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
Re: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles workers approve new four-year contract
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 11:54:21 am »
UAW President Dennis Williams praised the union’s negotiation team, saying “the resolve of our membership and the dedication of our negotiating team has produced an agreement that affords UAW members a strong wage package and job security while still allowing the company to competitively produce high quality vehicles for our customers.”

sorry, but i LOL'd when i read that one...on pretty much every "reliability" ratings sheet, FCA cars dominate the bottom.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 04:53:42 pm »
UAW President Dennis Williams praised the union’s negotiation team, saying “the resolve of our membership and the dedication of our negotiating team has produced an agreement that affords UAW members a strong wage package and job security while still allowing the company to competitively produce high quality vehicles for our customers.”

sorry, but i LOL'd when i read that one...on pretty much every "reliability" ratings sheet, FCA cars dominate the bottom.

I think quality and reliability are 2 different things.  Reliability is just one part of quality.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 07:27:31 pm »
I think quality and reliability are 2 different things.  Reliability is just one part of quality.
maybe, but they go hand in hand...if you are using quality parts, it is likely that your vehicle will be reliable and trouble free.

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 09:12:43 am »
maybe, but they go hand in hand...if you are using quality parts, it is likely that your vehicle will be reliable and trouble free.
So using a quality dashboard with great fit and finish translates into good reliability?

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 04:00:38 pm »
So using a quality dashboard with great fit and finish translates into good reliability?
perhaps in terms of the dashboard, yes...no creaks/rattles, and the instruments mounted in them (assuming they are of good quality as well), will also likely provide many years of trouble free service.

however, i doubt the dashboard quality is high on people's list when shopping.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 05:48:00 pm »
however, i doubt the dashboard quality is high on people's list when shopping.

Are you sure?  Lots of dashboard-strokers around here...

;D

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 08:42:22 am »
 ??? ::) BIG QUESTION is...will Marchionne & or FIAT/CHRYSLER...( wot a marriage..

a BIG DOWRY from US GOV ) be around in FOUR YEARS...not bloody likely if you read the behind the scenes machionations! (sic) tempus gloria... :light: :banghead: :hello:
Time is to stop everything happening at once