Author Topic: GM to pay $900 million in ignition switch settlement; safety advocates call it a cop-out  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Three year deal effectively erases all criminal charges against automaker
Read More...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
"Please don't charge me criminally...I'll pay...I'll pay whatever you want!!!"

Such horsesh!t.  I would have charged GM criminally, AND forced it to "work with an independent monitor for three years to review corporate policies that may have made it easier to cover up a flaw some say GM knew about long before it recalled 2.6 million affected cars"

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
Who receives this money ? Families of loved ones ? or is does this money simply go into the coffers of some government agency.

Clearly a decision was made to proceed with a faulty product and further not recall a knowingly faulty product that can and has caused deaths. I call that criminal negligence.

Low end cars sadly low end lives.

Wonder what the outcome would have been in almost any other business or product.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".