Author Topic: Day-by-Day Review: 2015 Nissan Sentra SV; Day 1  (Read 8178 times)

Offline JohnM

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +70/-99
    • View Profile
Re: Day-by-Day Review: 2015 Nissan Sentra SV; Day 1
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 05:31:53 pm »
I don't think many people would swap the CVT for a 6 speed given the 3000 rpm for highway cruising.  The beauty of the CVT is that it changes the ration based on load so on a flat road with no wind you might be only turning 2100 or even less whereas the manual is locked into a ratio.  This has a big effect on efficiency and noise and comfort.

I drove a Sentra for all of 2km and thought is was a really quiet and refined and well put together car.

No problems recommending it for people to test as a Corolla or Civic alternative.

Cheers,
John M.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 07:51:07 pm »
I'm surprised Nissan hasn't put in the zero g seats...they were sublime in the leaf!

Offline northsparrow

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +13/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 08:06:44 am »
As a general service to readers it would be helpful to quote the RPM at 100 kmh. The term "cruising speed" is a little vague because of the
variations in speed limit across our nation.

I thought the comparisons of the Sentra to a loaf of white bread were inaccurate. I'd compare it to a lump of dough.

The Economist magazine just called Canada a "rust belt" nation . To stave off the onset of further rust and recession we Canucks ought to
purchase a Corolla or Civic fully baked in a domestic oven for about the same money as an imported Nissan.

Finally, the Cavalier/Sunfire used to appear regularly in the Top 10 Sellers list. Does it really lend a car credibility?