Author Topic: Feature: Prepping for Targa Newfoundland  (Read 3412 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Feature: Prepping for Targa Newfoundland
« on: August 31, 2015, 06:58:45 am »

It's about to get real.
Read More...

Offline .l..

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +23/-654
    • View Profile
Re: Feature: Prepping for Targa Newfoundland
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 08:42:31 am »
Not because I actually know anything, but I always thought Targa Newf was something any Joe Blow could enter...bring car, bring friend, pay to play, play.  Hmmm...guess I'll never be signing up after all...(as if - but in my dreams) :'( Oh well, there's always YouTube!  :)

Offline whaddaiknow

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +185/-4812
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 09:44:46 am »
Wow. Thanks for the article, James! I have always been curious about how the navigator calls out to the driver, and now I got a peek into it.
Awesome and keep us up to date, please.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 10:24:59 am »
 :thumbup:

I really though the most important part of you job was making the  stickers for the car  :D

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 10:27:47 am »
Not because I actually know anything, but I always thought Targa Newf was something any Joe Blow could enter...bring car, bring friend, pay to play, play.  Hmmm...guess I'll never be signing up after all...(as if - but in my dreams) :'( Oh well, there's always YouTube!  :)

Yes any joe blow can enter.  bring car (need a caged car unless you want to run grand touring which is a TSD not high speed rally), bring a friend and some gear and go.    Don't forget to bring $25,000

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 10:45:26 am »

Yes any joe blow can enter.  bring car (need a caged car unless you want to run grand touring which is a TSD not high speed rally), bring a friend and some gear and go.    Don't forget to bring $25,000
Yep.  Kind of like Chump Car and Lemons.  It can get pretty pricey (fuel, tires, safety equipment).

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 12:15:23 pm »
Excellent article, James!  Sounds like you'll have your plate full during the rally.  Looking forward to your updates, thoughts, musings and so forth during the event.

Best of luck!   :thumbup: :banana: :bow2: :drive2:
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 12:23:25 pm »
That's crazy!   :o  You certainly have to have your wits about you at all times.  I'm sure you'll do great!   :D

Offline .l..

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +23/-654
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 01:06:48 pm »

:o....................... :fall:  Ouch.

I hate living vicariously...............oh well..........might as well go suck on some ice cream.  :P  Don't own a car worth $25g...never mind ever find the money to play with it like that.  Sigh...maybe I should fire up the kids PS4 as that'll be about as close as I'll ever get to the real thing.  Maybe I'll just go back to sleep...I mean work. 

Offline chignectohead

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +31/-195
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda6 2.5t
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 09:12:25 pm »
You'll be like Sebastien Loeb's navigator, um , you know, that guy whassisname, it's on the tip of me tongue, by. Well known and highly um, esteemed.

Sounds like fun. Be careful.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 07:44:05 am »
Great article James. Have fun and good luck.

I got my rally training with the Colin Mcrae rally game on xbox.