Author Topic: GM set to launch diesel versions of Colorado, Canyon pickups for 2016  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

Northernridge

Looking better and better. The forthcoming Ridgeline better be good.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
Good to see the small diesel option. I'll believe the numbers when we get some real world results. Until then meh !!
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline northsparrow

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +13/-27
    • View Profile
Some sources are saying the manual option is a non-starter but we can always ask.

Offline Kris78

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +28/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Chevy Traverse, 2013 Suzuki SV650SF
The last paragraph summed up all my questions perfectly.

Right now, a Crew Cab 4x4 Colorado WT optioned how I'd like it has an MSRP of $35,215. I think that price tag leaves room for them to want an extra $2k (not that I'd want them to) for a diesel.

I just hope they don't pull a Cruze Diesel with this thing and make it available in the top trim only, and for a pretty penny more to boot.

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)

I just hope they don't pull a Cruze Diesel with this thing and make it available in the top trim only, and for a pretty penny more to boot.

Or a Jeep Grand Cherokee...

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
at least the gc only is doing the one of the two... still, only being on top trims is annoying to say the least. actually have a customer opting for a top trim v6 rather than the diesel... price difference is about 350 bucks... not my choice, but he just doesn't want diesel.

anywho, these will be appealing for sure... actually offers the things people are asking for in a small pickup... manageable size... decent pricing... and fuel economy. hope it all works in when the real trucks arrive.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Woodyism

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +3/-7
  • Drive it like your renting it!!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '11 Kia Sorento SX - '11 Kia Sportage SX
I like these mid size pickups, they are the right size, only big problem to keep them from the work site.... 44" between the wheel wells.  Thats just wrong, I'm sure they could've designed them to have 48".
Cheers
Woody

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
I like these mid size pickups, they are the right size, only big problem to keep them from the work site.... 44" between the wheel wells.  Thats just wrong, I'm sure they could've designed them to have 48".
Cheers
Woody
that's likely on purpose...they want regular people to buy these...they want "work truck guys" to buy the heavy profit margin full size models.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.