Author Topic: Minister of Transport to introduce bill proposing tougher Canadian vehicle recall rules  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Legislation proposes fines for violations
Read More...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
The only thing standing in the way of the legislation being passed (other than the opposing parties voting it down in Parliament) is that the House of Commons is soon set to rise for summer break, but Raitt said she believes the bill will be passed before that.
HA!   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Silly Raitt.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
  ^^
^^^
Ya !! Enter the lobbyists.

Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline BradT

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +4/-10
    • View Profile
How about a lemon law too.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
they should make illuminated instrument panel illegal first.
(or vehicle must be equipped with automatic lights)

90+% of asian cars didn't have lights on during this morning's commute when it's gloomy and raining.  amongst the tens(possibly 100s) of Toyota's i saw, only ONE had lights on.
some are even quipped with Automatic light, so i'm not sure why it's not linked to windshield wipers nor sense that it's dark enough for lights to be on. (Santa Fe)

100% of GM cars had lights on.  automatic headlight FTW.   this is quite possibly the only thing i admire about GM.   .... (and corvette)

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

90+% of asian cars didn't have lights on during this morning's commute when it's gloomy and raining.  amongst the tens(possibly 100s) of Toyota's i saw, only ONE had lights on.
some are even quipped with Automatic light, so i'm not sure why it's not linked to windshield wipers nor sense that it's dark enough for lights to be on. (Santa Fe)

100% of GM cars had lights on.  automatic headlight FTW.   this is quite possibly the only thing i admire about GM.   .... (and corvette)
???

My father's 2010 Corolla has automatic headlights...

I felt the need to edit after-the-fact, just in case ;)

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
^^ Like a TV with no remote control?  How mediaeval.    ;D
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT

???

My father's 2010 Corolla has automatic headlights...

I felt the need to edit after-the-fact, just in case ;)

And my father's 2011 doesn't. They took it out  >:(

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
And my father's 2011 doesn't. They took it out  >:(
:o those d!cks!!!