Author Topic: Test Drive: 2015 Volvo V60 Cross Country  (Read 7878 times)

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
Re: Test Drive: 2015 Volvo V60 Cross Country
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 02:36:25 pm »
for the cross country, more retirees i would think... people who haven't bought into the "suv or bust" mentality... do some birding and other "volvo-ish" activities where the ground clearance is handy and awd a bonus... not to mention that great step in height and superb seat comfort. don't buy into wanting a huge screen with every computer function as they still use their old nokia (with it's phone number taped on the back as they never use it) and think technology means more stuff to break...

that's the kind of thing i picked up on selling them at least...

the v60 is more for the younger, financially comfortable man of the family... pretends he wants the wagon for hauling the kids gear, but it's really for his toys like a bike or hockey bag... proud to show the world he thinks practically rather than thinking he needs some sports coupe to show where he stands in the world. wants the volvo because it says quality, safety and individuality without seeming like a bmw/benz groupie (whom most of these buyers see as jerks with high opinions of themselves)

just a generalization of course... but the kind of thing i see everyday, so i like to play this game!
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2015, 10:27:10 pm »
the v60 is more for the younger, financially comfortable man of the family... pretends he wants the wagon for hauling the kids gear, but it's really for his toys like a bike or hockey bag... proud to show the world he thinks practically rather than thinking he needs some sports coupe to show where he stands in the world. wants the volvo because it says quality, safety and individuality without seeming like a bmw/benz groupie (whom most of these buyers see as jerks with high opinions of themselves)

:hello:
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2015, 10:11:17 am »
One thing nobody mentioned here is the radar plate in the front grille - I have always disliked the look of it on every car that has it (MB, other Volvos, Hyundais, etc) - but here it's hexagonal and integrated better.  Still not great, but MUCH better.  Good job, Volvo!

Plus, the driver can collapse the rear headrests by a button on the centre console to open up maximum rear visibilityhit rear-seat passengers in the head when a good giggle is required. Neat.
^ fixed.

Volvo’s Destination charge is $1,195
How has nobody else commented on this?!  Hell, the destination charge on a 2015 Chevrolet Spark is $1,600 (I checked, and sh!t you not).

There's some serious Kudos.

Step up to the Premier Plus trim at $47,100 ($49,150), and you add Homelink garage door opener, back-up camera
See, this still bugs me, but I think more than upsetting me that I have to spend $4,000 more than the base trim (which is totally fine by me) just to get a backup camera.  Since the US will require it to be standard soon - and that this Volvo still runs the I5T - it just reminds me how 'old' this car really is.  Volvo needs to hurry up with its new platform - and getting the AWD ready with the Drive-E - the wait is disconcerting for me.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2015, 02:57:09 pm »
the wait is disconcerting for me

Why? So you can not buy one of your own? ;D

Offline jyarkony

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +119/-153
    • View Profile
    • Autos.ca
  • Cars: 2003 VW Jetta Wagon 1.8T; 2001 VW GTI VR6
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2015, 03:14:22 pm »
One thing nobody mentioned here is the radar plate in the front grille - I have always disliked the look of it on every car that has it (MB, other Volvos, Hyundais, etc) - but here it's hexagonal and integrated better.  Still not great, but MUCH better.  Good job, Volvo!

I believe, the Cadillac CTS uses the front badge as the radar array. beat that.
Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
                                                        –Walt Whitman

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 03:31:53 pm »

I believe, the Cadillac CTS uses the front badge as the radar array. beat that.
Hey, I was nothing but complimentary to the XTS today!

It always amazed me how others didn't integrate - it looks awful.