Author Topic: State of Charge: Green cars take over CIAS, but beware the GPR Car  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

Bolt and Volt light up a bright green CIAS.
Read More...

Offline pcsp

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +38/-53
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Nissan Juke AWD (current), 2008 HHR SS (current), 1974 Mazda 929, Triumph TR6, VW Diesel PU, 1981 VW Cabriolet, 1987 Dodge Raider, etc.
Re: State of Charge: Green cars take over CIAS, but beware the GPR Car
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 09:47:27 am »
It's really too bad that Canada does not have a consistent policy regarding rebates for purchase of EVs. I personally would have a hard time justifying spending over $8000 more than a neighbour in Ontario or Quebec for an identical $30,000 + vehicle. I feel that the Central Canada rebates may help EV purchases in those provinces, but may actually hurt EV sales in others. Also, now is the time to consider an EV with gas prices at an ALL-TIME HIGH (i.e. pump price in comparison to barrel price). Bolt seems very promising.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 10:14:21 am »
Re: Bolt pricing mentioned in the article. There is no way GM can make money if they sell a 50kWh+ car for 30k. $39,995 is more like it, if you crank your own windows. Less provincial rebates.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline JohnM

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +70/-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 06:32:30 am »
2 years out is a long time in the battery world so we really won't know what pricing will be until a few months before the cars are made.

In any case, an extremely positive move in the car world and the trend is to much better, much more selection of vehicles with many more charging stations by the time the Bolt arrives.

Nice to see and it is certain by that time I'll be driving something that doesn't have a gas cap.

Cheers,
John M.