Author Topic: Top Picks: Canadian International Auto Show (CIAS) Highlights  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Top Picks: Canadian International Auto Show (CIAS) Highlights
« on: February 13, 2015, 06:29:08 am »

Things that make you go WOW!
Read More...

Offline Just_A_Fan

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-7
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '08 Grand Caravan, '15 GMC Sierra
Re: Top Picks: Canadian International Auto Show (CIAS) Highlights
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 09:28:24 am »
"Best Truck: Nissan Titan XD
Yes, Ford may have its Raptor and Ram the Rebel, but those are essentially toy trucks, while Nissan’s Titan is a gamechanger. The first to drop a diesel in a light truck,"

Didn't Dodge do this last year?

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 09:37:23 am »
 ^^
^^^
Second those comments. Huh  :think:
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 09:38:41 am »
"Best Truck: Nissan Titan XD
Yes, Ford may have its Raptor and Ram the Rebel, but those are essentially toy trucks, while Nissan’s Titan is a gamechanger. The first to drop a diesel in a light truck,"

Didn't Dodge do this last year?

Jonathan meant "diesel V8" - fixed.

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 09:39:34 am »
Looking forward to it...

Ahh, Mercedes and their G-wagon. Last year or a couple of years ago they had a gold wrapped one, so they seem to have a theme going.
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 05:52:34 am »
Still sad that I miss you guys there. I didn't have much time yesterday since my mediation ran late; but I did have some wicked experiences.

Favourite was the Peel p50 - I'll try to post a video of my buddy in it (currently in the Pearson Maple Leaf Lounge, so blackberry + video uploads = maybe).

I also enjoyed testdriving the Mitsu iMiev and Nissan Leaf (in that order) - the Mitsu is such sh!t, I can't fathom it for the price of a Micra.

The Leaf blew me away, actually. Decent power, though I found a bit of 'hesitation' when flooring it. One of the most comfortable driver's seats I've ever been in, and range seemed decent despite -20C outside. With heat on, flooring it, etc, we still showed 90km left on the range (it wasn't full when we started).

The MB C-Class has been bashed by me from pictures, but after sitting in it at the show, I must make a public apology - holy :censor:, that thing is NICE inside. Really nice. Like, holy crap nice. The wood was a great move, Merc! The light trunk (spring-loaded), then comfort of the seats, I may actually go take one out for a drive. Nicely done, and honestly, nicer than the E-class.

As for my best experience there, I was in a suit, having come from mediation, and when I checked out the Jag XE, it was locked. one of the 'sales associates' approached me and said "Sir, for you we can open the car if you'd like to sit and see the interior. It's not finalized, but you can get a feel for the size.". Who was I to say no?

Sorry, Subaru, but the XE has stolen my heart. That thing is going to eat the :censor: out of 3-series sales if Jag can get people into the showrooms. It was a beaut!

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 10:54:26 am »
Agreed, If they can price it right and give some good engine options it will sell like crazy as a new entry into this segment. I wounder why Jag waited this long?

Offline WRX_Pilot

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +18/-60
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '15 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 11:30:50 am »
Without the pictures in the article (and they don't seem to be labelled) some of those I'm not even sure what I'm looking at.  ???

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 11:33:13 am »
That Infinity coupe was all kinds of sexy....the rest....meh....
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 12:38:48 pm »
Without the pictures in the article (and they don't seem to be labelled) some of those I'm not even sure what I'm looking at.  ???

Our production editor is on leave and I dropped the ball on this sorry. Labels are now up.
We also got more photos than we wanted to write about, so sort of dumped them all here. Hope you enjoy them all the same!

Offline WRX_Pilot

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +18/-60
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '15 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 04:25:29 pm »
Wow, I'm really liking that KIA GT4 Stinger!  Too bad it wasn't based on the Veloster to be more affordable... now could they bring it out while sticking to that classy front end?

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
Top Picks: Canadian International Auto Show (CIAS) Highlights
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 10:12:56 pm »
That Stinger has been around for years.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 09:49:06 am »
^^ Regarding the Mazda6, exactly what I thought when there was a post in the news section.  Besides some packaging changes, and some equipment changes.  The term "refresh" and "update" are used to much.  Car gets a couple of things, rear LED lights, different entertainment system, and electric parking brake, and it's a refresh...