Author Topic: Test Drive: 2015 Honda CR-V Touring  (Read 8575 times)

Offline Steve C

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +3/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 Mazda 3 Sport
Re: Test Drive: 2015 Honda CR-V Touring
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 08:34:09 am »
Posted by Steve C "  For that price you DO NOT get fog lights, a sunroof,"

I don't see those listed as standard on the Accord EX-L either.

I just looked at the site and the EX-L Accord does come standard with those items, as does the trim level below it, the Accord Sport.

http://www.honda.ca/accord_sedan#/accord_sedan/specs

Offline paul246

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 09:55:22 am »
Got it, thanks for the link.

Offline Minou

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +11/-26
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Mazda 3 GS, 2016 Ford Edge SEL, 2016 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 07:27:06 pm »
Is it just me or is the CR-V and the other SUVs in it's class overpriced vs sedans in the lineup, ie, the Honda Accord. I looked at a $30,000 canadian 2015 CR-V and a 2015 Accord EX-L which is actually $200 less. I know these are different vehicles and the CR-V has AWD, but when you compare equipment levels in the two vehicles, you see how little you get for your $30,000 in the CR-V SE. For that price you DO NOT get fog lights, a sunroof, the rear cargo cover or the Lnewatch system. The seats are cloth, the adjustments are manual, the steering wheel is the cheap urethene type, the stero system is the 160 watt base model, no dual zome climate control, no seat back pockets, no illuminated vanity mirrors no Sirrus XM etc.

The Accord EX-L is pretty much loaded to the point where it seems like the deal of the century in comparison. It really lacks nothing. Now, I don't need many of the features it has, but for the same money, why not? You get leather interior, steering wheel etc, sunroof, all the safety features like multi angle rear viw camera, forward warning control, lanewatch, the 360 watt stereo sytem, electronic seat adjustments on both driver and passenger seats, dual zone climate control, seat back pockets, self dimming rear view mirrors, Sirius XM etc. This is just off the top of my head.

The CR-V SE is pretty base and cut rate for the price, but the Accord is akin to a luxury vehicle in comparison. Yes, you can load a bunch of stuff into the CR-V, but the Accord isn't small either and looks to have more driver leg room. For me it's tough to justify a CR-V over an Accord. I could also look at the much cheaper Accord Sport and have more features than the CR-V SE.

Fashion has to hurt somewhere...