Author Topic: Final Drive: 1971 GMC Longbox - The Targa Truck  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Final Drive: 1971 GMC Longbox - The Targa Truck
« on: October 27, 2014, 06:28:41 am »

Back in black to rock the Rock.
Read More...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
Re: Final Drive: 1971 GMC Longbox - The Targa Truck
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 10:06:21 am »
Brendan, I say it every time...your writing abilities are absolutely tremendous.  I care not at all about these racecar/truck stories, but when I see your or Jacob's name up there, I read it.  You have a theme to every article, and keep readers captivated throughout with little subtleties that keep everything relevant.  You introduce emotional appeal and a plethora of information that all culminate in what must be the most elite writing styles/successes in Canada (or anywhere, for that matter).

Whereas I could not care less about some guy, a lot of kickstarter money, and many DIY hours of using the bare bones of a truck and turning it into a racetruck, I found this story something that should be a children's novel; the story of following passions, dreams, and lots of heart to bring a truck back to its glory days.  It's like Herbie, but focused on the truck instead of the redhead who clearly should not be driving said vehicle.

:winner:, Brendan, :winner:

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 10:12:52 am »
What a great article. Ill second what Noto has said, maybe not as eloquently, but yeah, fantastic article of which the subject was right up my alley. That truck is all kinds of sexy, awesome and just good ol' fashioned drool inducing. Great job!!
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Winterpeg

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +8/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '07 Chev Malibu LT V6
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 11:01:55 am »
Very nice oui....

I always wondered how a Chevy SS, Ford Lightning or Dodge/Ram SRT/RT would do at the Targa. Guess I can wonder no more eh.    ;)
Have Car......Will Travel