Author Topic: Comparison Test: 2015 Mazda6 vs. 2014 Ford Fusion  (Read 31708 times)

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
Re: Comparison Test: 2015 Mazda6 vs. 2014 Ford Fusion
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2014, 10:03:25 am »
While I think that's true too, I was talking about the type of buyers that used to buy midsize sedans, not necessarily the same buyers. What I mean is that the people that used to graduate to 626s from Proteges are now upgrading their Mazda 3s to CX-5s.

I think there's some of both.  I agree that people are moving from 3s to CX-5s. I see Accord/Camry owners not renewing their sedan ownership, instead buying CUVs.

It's happening in many segments.  The Lexus RX not only outsells all other Lexus products, it sells as many as the others combined.  "Raised AWD cars" have become popular in all shapes and sizes and if a manufacturer wants to compete, they have to have strong CUV/SUV style products.

Offline whaddaiknow

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +185/-4812
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2014, 10:06:59 am »
Yep....Oldsguy had it right this time.
+1 Count me in.

I guess what I would like to see in a head-to-head comparison like that is a bit of "reality check" and market analysis as to why one is more successful than the other, especially in the case where the review favourite seriously lags behind in sales. Trying to address this phenomenon in the article would add value to it, as well as credibility.

Offline TheNit

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2014, 11:01:58 am »
This may not be the best post to ask this question but why, when mid-size sedans are compared, is the VW Passat never included? The 2014 mid-size sedan comparison didn't include it. I realize that the Euro Passat is different than the North American model but worldwide, Passat is the best selling VW, yet you only see Golfs and Jettas in North America. You can also get it with a manual transmission in the upper trim level which very few car makers have anymore.