Author Topic: State of Charge: Hot plug-in cars include Model S P85D and 918 Spyder  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

Hot time for plug-ins, including new super powerful Model S with AWD, and a Dragon's fiery 918 Spyder Car-BQ after gasoline overflowed.
Read More...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
Re: State of Charge: Hot plug-in cars include Model S P85D and 918 Spyder
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 09:58:12 pm »
Must be nice to be rich...

With the Tesla, do we lose the Frunk in favour of the second motor?  Who cares - fast and uses no gas, now with AWD!

As for the 918, it could be an issue with placement of the exhaust, but how could he have 'continued refuelling' if the mechanism should be to stop after it's full?  My Corolla stops 4+ times (I've tested, bad bad Noto, I know) before gas would spew out.  How many times did he keep going, or better yet, why isn't the Corolla classified as a supercar?  ;D Don't answer that.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
Re: State of Charge: Hot plug-in cars include Model S P85D and 918 Spyder
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 09:07:29 am »
"One Porsche the latest Tesla doesn’t outmuscle is the exotic 845-hp 918 Spyder"
Slight price differential there also. I don't think beating the Spyder was Tesla's mandate when designing the new D series. 
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".