Author Topic: Nissan Officially Announces Canadian Return Of Micra Before Montreal  (Read 8375 times)

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
Re: Nissan Officially Announces Canadian Return Of Micra Before Montreal
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 11:50:22 am »
I loved my old Micra. Fun little car. I don't see a compelling reason to buy this one over say a Mazda 2 though. Perhaps price if it were cheap enough.

100% agree, I mentioned this before I had a Micra for a short period.  The Mazda2 is great, but isn't priced right, not all Mazdas fault, they have to bring from Japan...

Now the Mazda2 will be built in Mexico, it will be more competitive..  But if Nissan sells the Micra at $11000, they will get some sales..

Offline Black Hatch

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 CX-5GT w/Tech
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 12:23:25 pm »
I loved my old Micra. Fun little car. I don't see a compelling reason to buy this one over say a Mazda 2 though. Perhaps price if it were cheap enough.

100% agree, I mentioned this before I had a Micra for a short period.  The Mazda2 is great, but isn't priced right, not all Mazdas fault, they have to bring from Japan...

Now the Mazda2 will be built in Mexico, it will be more competitive..  But if Nissan sells the Micra at $11000, they will get some sales..

Yeah the Mazda2 is bigger but without incentives there is not much difference ~ 1k difference between it and mazda3.
With incentives, it's possible to get a mazda2 for less than a Mirage at MSRP*

*I think; I posted it somewhere and I think it was about $3k off.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 01:13:43 pm »

Yeah the Mazda2 is bigger but without incentives there is not much difference ~ 1k difference between it and mazda3.
With incentives, it's possible to get a mazda2 for less than a Mirage at MSRP*

*I think; I posted it somewhere and I think it was about $3k off.

problem with those incentives is usually cash only.  And Mazda finance department sucks.  This is where Nissan will get the younger market

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 01:21:57 pm »
My daughter and her husband bought a Micra as their first car and they loved it. In Quebec I believe many cars were sold when it was around. Yes people in Quebec love their small cars and manual trannies. :)

Having a small car is great in the older parts of Montreal and Quebec City where space is tight.  Plus gas is more costly there too.