Author Topic: Heated Steering Wheels - should be mandatory!  (Read 10652 times)

Offline SaskSpecV

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +87/-149
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Subaru Forester Touring 6MT, 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLsport 5MT, 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L
Re: Heated Steering Wheels - should be mandatory!
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2013, 12:51:39 pm »
You know Jacob, Canadians are just more advanced.  We ordered up a few cold months a year to prevent the endless supply of poisonous snakes, spiders, lizards, butterflies, wombats, kangaroos, crickets and every other crazy Aussie thing that's trying to kill you down under.  Cold is safer.  ;)

Don't forget parasites Jeff - you can't see'em, but they're often more deadly than the perils you can see!  And our cold is a pretty good way to minimize the amounts of bots, nemotodes, cestodes, etc out there...

Hey, did anyone check if Jacob was de-wormed before he got here ;D

But it's supposed to hit -30 this week on the prairies - by the end of the winter, I might be willing to take a few poisonous snakes for another 20C!

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2013, 12:54:54 pm »
Bah! Canadians are always saying stuff about the animals in Aus, you have motherhugging BEARS!
Bears!
And cougars! (not the good kind)
And wolves!
And bloody coyotes!
Oh my!

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +100/-104
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 GTI, 2024 Tiguan R-Line Black
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2013, 01:01:21 pm »
Bah! Canadians are always saying stuff about the animals in Aus, you have motherhugging BEARS!
Bears!
And wolves!
And bloody coyotes!
Oh my!

All relatively valid examples, but I'd argue that in our neck of the woods, there's one animal more dangerous than all of those: the Moose. Clocking one at highway speeds is an almost direct fast-track to serious injury and/or death.
Manual gearbox evangelist. Die-hard automotive and motorsport enthusiast. Often found covered in mud.

Offline SaskSpecV

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +87/-149
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Subaru Forester Touring 6MT, 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLsport 5MT, 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2013, 01:17:24 pm »
Bears!
And wolves!
And bloody coyotes!
Oh my!

Don't forget the badger!  They'll rip you up good!
Plus we've got rabies in North America (and everywhere else in the world), you Aussies wouldn't dream of having such a nasty virus down there (wink, wink...)

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2013, 01:23:29 pm »
You know Jacob, Canadians are just more advanced.  We ordered up a few cold months a year to prevent the endless supply of poisonous snakes, spiders, lizards, butterflies, wombats, kangaroos, crickets and every other crazy Aussie thing that's trying to kill you down under.  Cold is safer.  ;)

And....the cold protects us from....Cricketers.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2013, 02:18:50 pm »
This must be silly Mid-Off....or else i'm out Leg Before Wicked....as the girls used to say ::) :P

she took my bails off bye the bye.....terrific Sheila.... :pimp: :shuffle:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2013, 02:41:45 pm »
This must be silly Mid-Off....or else i'm out Leg Before Wicked....as the girls used to say ::) :P

she took my bails off bye the bye.....terrific Sheila.... :pimp: :shuffle:

That's Leg Before Wicket. The Wicket is the set of stumps, which the bails rest on.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2013, 03:06:14 pm »
Jacob, I suspect Saf meant exactly what he spelled out.  He is often a lot more subtle than you'd think.

Offline Rupert

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +49/-160
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2013, 04:55:37 pm »
   The brave final stand against the Ausie fast bowling ended when the erstwhile stubborn  leg break bowler was caught at square leg. Thus bringing to an end his effort to top his highest test score of 8 not out. The intrepid opener was denied his century having knocked a magnificent 98 not out and having survived three leg before appeals and being dropped in the slips and at mid on, in what was a maiden over. The MCC suffered the ignominy of being forced to follow on, a half hour before stumps were pulled. The wicket was taking no spin and favoured the body line bowling of the Ausie duo who both posted hat tricks and had one maiden apiece.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:11:34 pm by Rupert »

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2013, 04:57:49 pm »
Jacob, I suspect Saf meant exactly what he spelled out.  He is often a lot more subtle than you'd think.

Ah I see!

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2013, 05:25:05 pm »
 ::) I rest my bails...............and owe tpl a googly ;) ...